Did I win the lottery ?

So grabbed up a 4820k and x79-deluxe yesterday and did some trial and error using linx with avx. 4.6ghz at 1.2v and 4.8ghz 1.344v stable so far with maximum temperature of 75 with my nh-d14. Potential 5ghz with air I'm thinking and definately on water. Is this common for 4820k. This thing runs so cool I can't believe it. My guess is because its like a 3770k but with solder and a giant ihs meant for hex cores. This thing is looking good ! Also when I set offset voltage of +.17v in bios it goes purple. Does this matter as its still only 1.344v in windows. Thats with ultra high LLC. Guessing because stock voltage of my chip is so low (1.12v) that it just needs a high offset to get the voltage I need and I shouldn't worry about it.

edit: please don't preach that linx doesn't stress hard. I'm using it with all ram ticked off, which errors or blue screens a hell of a lot faster than prime95. Never had linx do 20 runs on max ram and not had prime95 do at least 6 hours with the same settings.

Last edited:
you are correct, the 4820K have way better heat dissipation ability due to the greater heatsink and being soldered. its just like what it was the 3820 or 3930K. at stock and 1.12V is not low at all i saw some stock 4820K at 1.06V stock..

in a side note, if you will use offset voltage for such high overclock in some case its just better use a negative offset with just high LLC. ultra high or extreme LLC will just draw more voltage to keep a stable load line making the chip run hotter.. anyway thats a great chip.. i want to see it at 5ghz.. =D...

Lol give me a day or 2 I'm working 12 hour shifts right now. Afternoons. So I sleep most of the day. If i use high llc it drops voltage slightly by about .01v. I will like drop it tho then increase voltage by .01v to compensate. I don't like running more than medium - high.

Back