Hi guys, new user here looking for some help. First off, here is my current setup.
E7400 OC @ 3.37
8gb 6400 ram
512mb 4870 slightly OC
Asus P5Q SE/R
Raidmax RX-600F
Corsair 450VX
So I had the raidmax first with my new build and everything was fine. however people told me how bad they are and it has a high potential of failing, so I got the Corsair.
Just installed the Corsair and things are different. My CPU fan is constantly going up and down during simple tasks like webbrowsing and my GPU is running at about 7-8 degrees higher.
I also have 2 exhaust fans in the back wired together and connected to my mobo, 1 intake fan on the side with 7v mod, and 1 exhaust on top with 7v mod, more coming later. The CPU fan is set to standard profile in my mobo under Q-FAN.
The top fan was also just added with the PSU. only other difference is that the Corsair didnt come with 2 PCI-E 6pins, so I had to use this 2-molex to pci-e pin that came with my GPU, which really only has 5 pins (normal?).
thanks for any help. im thinking maybe i should upgrade the psu? found a 550w corsair with 2 pci-e connectors for only about $20 more, but would like some tips as well, thanks.
E7400 OC @ 3.37
8gb 6400 ram
512mb 4870 slightly OC
Asus P5Q SE/R
Raidmax RX-600F
Corsair 450VX
So I had the raidmax first with my new build and everything was fine. however people told me how bad they are and it has a high potential of failing, so I got the Corsair.
Just installed the Corsair and things are different. My CPU fan is constantly going up and down during simple tasks like webbrowsing and my GPU is running at about 7-8 degrees higher.
I also have 2 exhaust fans in the back wired together and connected to my mobo, 1 intake fan on the side with 7v mod, and 1 exhaust on top with 7v mod, more coming later. The CPU fan is set to standard profile in my mobo under Q-FAN.
The top fan was also just added with the PSU. only other difference is that the Corsair didnt come with 2 PCI-E 6pins, so I had to use this 2-molex to pci-e pin that came with my GPU, which really only has 5 pins (normal?).
thanks for any help. im thinking maybe i should upgrade the psu? found a 550w corsair with 2 pci-e connectors for only about $20 more, but would like some tips as well, thanks.