Did I fry my computer??

snyper238

Limp Gawd
So last night i was about to play some NFSMW and i had the game running and I went to plug in my controller in the front usb port it froze. So i gave it a minute and it just sat there so I hit the reset button. It turned off and then wouldnt boot up. It wouldnt post but wouldnt give me and error beeps. So i let it sit for a minute and still nothing. I unplugged it and still nothing. I then took the side case off and saw one of the motherboard screws was hanging out of the hole but still there. The hole had stripped out i guess. So i put the screw back in the hole better and tried and still nothing. I unhooked everything and still nothing. I reset CMOS and nothing. I tried a different video card and still nothing. Different powersupply and still nothing.

So what do you guys think? Maybe motherboard.

Thanks

Screw could have grounded out the board. Start testing your components 1 by 1.

mostlikely motherboard. kinda strange it just died like that. theres probably a short somewhere. have you looked at the motherboard?

In my experience there are 1001 reasons that your PC might not POST. The thing you said about the screw reminded me of a case I had where the motherboard actually was shorted out. I sent it back to newegg and they replaced it no questions asked. Like I said though it could be many different reasons, your troubleshooting steps looked pretty standard if you cant think of anything else maybe try and put some of that hardware on a diff mobo.

Yea i am going to try to find someone to use a 939 board so that i can test my processor. That is all that is left that could be broke. I even tried a pci video card just in case both of the slots went bad for some crazy reason.

So everyone thinks my best bet would be to RMA the motherboard.

Back