Did I do this right?

COKE CAN

Limp Gawd
I had folding mentioned in another thread of mine so I installed it. For the last 10 minutes my console has sat at the following:

Code:
[02:33:41] - Starting from initial work packet
[02:33:41]
[02:33:41] Project: 2125 (Run 118, Clone 28, Gen 1)
[02:33:41]
[02:33:41] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[02:33:41] Entering M.D.

Gromacs is Copyright (c) 1991-2003, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
        This inclusion of Gromacs code in the Folding@Home Core is under
        a special license (see [url]http://folding.stanford.edu/gromacs.html[/url])
         specially granted to Stanford by the copyright holders. If you
          are interested in using Gromacs, visit [url]www.gromacs.org[/url] where
                you can download a free version of Gromacs under
         the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) as published
       by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License,
                     or (at your option) any later version.

[02:33:47] Protein: p2125_lambda_5way_melt_4_10011
[02:33:47]
[02:33:47] Writing local files
[02:33:47] Using table 1
[02:33:48] Writing local files
[02:33:48] Completed 0 out of 20000000 steps  (0%)

Is there anything else I need to do?

and it will keep sitting there for a while :D

and to answer your question, you are up and runnning :)

From the last time I ran one of them on my X2 @ 2.2 Ghz .............

[09:29:02] Protein: p2125_lambda_5way_melt_4_10011
[09:29:02]
[09:29:02] Writing local files
[09:29:02] Using table 1
[09:29:02] Extra SSE boost OK.
[09:29:02] Writing local files
[09:29:02] Completed 0 out of 20000000 steps (0)
[10:13:46] Writing local files
[10:13:46] Completed 200000 out of 20000000 steps (1)
[10:58:16] Writing local files
etc, etc.

Thats running under Windoze.
You look like your missing the SSE boost line but not sure if it shows up under Linux.
You would probably do as well to add the -forceasm switch so its turned on at every start of the client.
Otherwise you will only run at around half speed.

Luck .............. :D

Been meaning to ask ,exactly how do you set the forceasm switch and other switches??

Mine starts the SSE boost just like yours at the onset of every protein, is that all that forceasm does?

waltherone said:
Been meaning to ask ,exactly how do you set the forceasm switch and other switches??

Mine starts the SSE boost just like yours at the onset of every protein, is that all that forceasm does?

yes, that is what it does. if your computer shuts down incorrectly, it will not run with the sse boost on the next start up. forceasm makes sure that regardless of shut down method it will run with the sse boost.

Ok so now that min is running already, is there a way to turn it on now? If I close out of Putty and want to reopen F@H how do I go about doing that?

COKE CAN said:
Ok so now that min is running already, is there a way to turn it on now? If I close out of Putty and want to reopen F@H how do I go about doing that?
If, when you installed/configured the console client, you selected "install as a service", you should be fine. It'll run in the background, transparent to the user.

Mohonri said:
If, when you installed/configured the console client, you selected "install as a service", you should be fine. It'll run in the background, transparent to the user.

I am on a Windows machine but F@H is running on my Endian Firewall. I used Putty to connect and install it. Now if I close out of my Putty console, what command do I enter to view the stats of what's folding?

Can I turn the forceasm switch on now since I already started folding?

COKE CAN said:
I am on a Windows machine but F@H is running on my Endian Firewall. I used Putty to connect and install it. Now if I close out of my Putty console, what command do I enter to view the stats of what's folding?

Can I turn the forceasm switch on now since I already started folding?
I don't about putty or what not...

Stop the services using services.msc
Use CMD to go to ur folding dir
FAH to include -forceasm flag i.e. folding_console.exe -forceasm -configonly
Exit CMD when you are done.
Go to services.msc again and restart the clients
It should take effect right away.
???
Profit.

It's running on a Linux box, not Windows. Thanks for the reply, though that will not help me out. :(

COKE CAN said:
It's running on a Linux box, not Windows. Thanks for the reply, though that will not help me out. :(
Okay then, my general response should still apply for the forceasm part :D You'll just have to stop the clients and shut them down and configure them to accept forceasm and then restart the clients. You should be still set to go.

Jon855 said:
Okay then, my general response should still apply for the forceasm part :D You'll just have to stop the clients and shut them down and configure them to accept forceasm and then restart the clients. You should be still set to go.

I guess I am looking for the command to kick off the process again...

I feel like a "deR Der" right now, haha

Ok so apparently this is not running as a process so I could use a little help!

I closed out of putty and it disappeared from my list when I ran "top"

I would like to know how to kick this process off again since it kicked off last time after the initial install

COKE CAN said:
Ok so apparently this is not running as a process so I could use a little help!

I closed out of putty and it disappeared from my list when I ran "top"

I would like to know how to kick this process off again since it kicked off last time after the initial install

Personally, I would recommend using finstall. you can find this here. this made it a whole lot easier for nix noob like me.

Back