Did I do CF right?

watertown28

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
2,216
So this is my first adventure into ATI... at least with CF.

I got 2 of the 4870 today and noticed that I got a CF bridge with each card.

Now with me being a noob and all at this... I only put one on on the one close to the back of the case leaving the other one bare... do i need to connect both ( use both bridges ) Like I said i used only one.

I also Am planning on getting the newest drivers also... I am not sure what version I have... though I swore I dled them and installed.

Also... I did a run of the 3d mark vantage and scored a mid 11k with the
Q9300
6 gig ram
2x4870
Is this a normal score?

Thanks for your time guys
 
From the SysReq page:

For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (included) are required
 
One is all you need for a pair of cards, you would only use another bridge/connector when you add a third card
 
I had CrossfireX with 4870s and used both.

It won't hurt a thing.

I use two SLI bridges with my GTX 280s as well, even though you don,t need to.
 
You only NEED 1. You can use both if you want. I use 1 and everything works fine...
 
When I had two 4870's I had this very same thought, so i just went ahead and used two of em anyhow.

Worked out just fine.
 
Back
Top