• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Did I damage my card?

cyberslag5k

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
277
I recently OC'ed my 6800GT, stepping up gradually from 370/1000 to 430/1150. It worked just fine but I really didn't notice any performance increase (I've pretty much hit the Doom 3 cap) so I brought it down to stock speeds that same night. However, in the days since I've been noticing some glitches in Doom. Mostly just random textured planes appearing where they shouldn't be and some occasional lighting glitches. Is it possible that the overclock, while successful, has damaged my card? Or perhaps I've just reached a section of the game where bugs are common?

Thanks in advance.
 
Well, I don't recall ever patching but the game's update utility says I'm up to date. I installed DX9.0c today and everything ran smooth for about 30 minutes so I thought that fixed it until I came across a random plane. I stopped playing just now to write this post, so I haven't had time to see more than one, but there's at least still the one. What do you guys think? I always thought as long as you weren't overheating (I only rose like 1 degree C no load under the OC so I'm sure I couldn't have gotten up that high under full load, plus I have an alarm and it never rang) or messing with voltages that OCing was occasionally unstable but never damaging. Is this the case or am I mistaken and could possibly have damaged my hardware?
 
To my knowledge there is no patch for doom3 yet and if you put it down to default speeds and didnt change anything then yes its likely you damaged your card.
 
sorry bout the patch thingy!
Been playin Farcry and D3,
Got em confused :eek:
Maybe try runin DX9 Real-Time High-Dynamic Range Image-Based Lighting
in the largest window while looking at the Gpu temps. See if any artifacts rear their ugly head!
 
Back
Top