did i break my 570s?

ElementBilly

Limp Gawd
I have been overclocking my sli evga 570s memory and all was stable at 2000, I decided to make a big jump and go to 2100. It had several errors in occt gpu memtest. so I lowered it back down to 2000. still got errors. set it back to default and its still getting errors. Did I break these cards?

try them 1 at time and see? u shouldnt break cards for setting high clocks really..

This is why I'm always really conservative with memory OCs. Yeah, you probably damaged them. At least one of them anyway.

I tried both 1 at a time and both still have errors. looks like ill have to rma through newegg or evga.

Dang.. im gonna keep mine at 2000 then lol. I had no errors at 2100 but this makes me think twice.

I decided to make a big jump and go to 2100.

Yeah big jumps are risky business once you start pushing the limits. Theres a good chance if you have gone with incremental increases you could have found a point where there were stability issues with no permanent damage allowing you to back off safely.

Just got to where I oc core and shadrers there is already enough bandwidth .Sorry to hear about your misfortune

I was always told to do increases in increments of 10hmz. But if they already are finicky overclockers then that probably wouldn't have mattered.

At least EVGA is nice enough to let me RMA for replacement even though it was my fault they broke.

Heh, the number of people that go 'herp derp you can't break a card just by overclocking it' at me, ought to read more threads like this.

Back