did anyone like vista beta 2 ?

did you like vista beta 2?

• love

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • hate

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
I can't friggin' wait. I've messed with it a TON and I'm impressed. At first glance, it doesn't impress, but the more you use it, it makes XP seem like the most simplest of OSs. It's slow and buggy as hell, but in about 2 years when the hardware's twice as fast, Vista will really be amazing.

It does take a lot to get used to - evrything's in different places. Things that have been the same in 95, 98, 2000, xp are now different.

I don't love or hate it. I do like several parts of it so far and I plan on upgrading to Vista but there are several problems with it that prevent me from using it even part time.

I think after the bugs are all shook out (read SP1 :p ) I think it will be a really good OS. They will keep on improving it with service packs until it is a very good replacement for XP especially if you are a fan of eye candy. The stability and security features will be a welcomed improvement.

i think its great. havn't had any problems yet although it can be a little slow at times. prob cos i only got 1 gig of ram and vista uses about 600mb of it just sitting there. obviously there are driver issues but it is beta and not released for another year.

I threw in my lot with love even though I have reservations. For one thing, I was under the impression that Windows Mail was being revamped, but it's just Outlook Express. I also thought that Windows Contacts, Calendar, and so forth would be integrated with it, basically making it a mini-Outlook with all the features people outside the corporate world actually use.

I've also had some problems trying to get the machine to suspend, but that's probably as much Toshiba's fault as it is Microsoft's.

It'll take me more time using it. Basically, I'm very impressed so far - I'm just hoping that this new lease on life for Windows doesn't come at the expense of bloat or sluggishness - or, worse, Me-style instability. Though I have to admit, for beta software it's remarkably stable in the little I've used it.

"it makes XP seem like the most simplest of OSs. It's slow and buggy as hell, but in about 2 years when the hardware's twice as fast, Vista will really be amazing."

So XP is really fast and simple and will run my applications much faster. Vista is bloated, slow and will eat up most of the performance of my machine but its better??? :rolleyes: Do you work for Microsoft? :D

pxc said:
I don't love or hate it. I do like several parts of it so far and I plan on upgrading to Vista but there are several problems with it that prevent me from using it even part time.
Same here. Steam games crash back to the desktop even w/the compatibility switch set. That's a dealbreaker for me so I took it off. I loved the task switcher though and the window animations are pretty.

Riptide_NVN said:
Same here. Steam games crash back to the desktop even w/the compatibility switch set. That's a dealbreaker for me so I took it off. I loved the task switcher though and the window animations are pretty.

STEAM sucks IMO, I hate what they are forcing me to do, so, well, that's no deal breaker at my end....

Riptide_NVN said:

Steam works for me. However the sound sometimes does not in games. Its weird. Completely random, sometimes a restart fixes sometimes it does not.

I'm also having problems staying conected to my wireless network. XP connects fine, Vista drops it alot, and has a hard time reconecting.

Overall its great. I can't wait until SP1.

Back