Did anybody order from outpost.com?

Mr Mean

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello [H]ardOCP members,

I just want to know if anybody here ordered any BFG video cards from outpost.com and are satisfied with their purchase? I've been reading resellerrating.com and it doesn't sound good to purchase anything from outpost.com. Does anybody have anything positive to say about outpost.com for video card purchases? How long did it take you to get your card? Any problem with customer service?

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1773.html

I've heard that many people (including one of my local friends) got their orders cancelled.

Black-Falcon said:
outpost.com = poo
Go with newegg. you will never regret it.

I also purchase from newegg. But purchasing a video card from newegg has an overcharge of $80+ in somecases. I'm strickly speaking in saving blingage.

Black-Falcon said:
outpost.com = poo
Go with newegg. you will never regret it.

^^^^^ Agreed, newegg.com has best service that i've had yet. their shipping is really fast too i usually recieve my parts in 3 days from CA to Iowa :D . Other sites it takes anywhere from 7-15 days lol. And thats with free or cheap shipping from newegg. If you got like 2nd day deliv you might get it in a day, who knows :p .

I got a BFG 6800 GT from outpost.com a couple weeks ago for $350. Shipped same day and works great.

The cards in question have been backstocked for four days now and this deal has been posted all over the internet. They will have cards in ten days but those are probably reserved due to the long backstock and high demand. Outpost is known to give you a hassle about cancelling backorders and are known to send the card without telling you they are going to after you cancel.

Just get another brand from Newegg or get the BFG at Best Buy.

Outpost should be avoided.

Yeah outpost.com sucks the only places i shop from are newegg, frozencup, and zip zoom fly. All others im very skeptical about. Ive been screwed to many times by other companies.

I have ordered several times from Outpost.com without any problems what so ever, actually had great transactions with them. I just bought a BFG 6800GT OC from them for 349 and they got it to me so fast I almost shit. Ordered it at 11:48PM Thurday, arrived 10:30AM Saturday. Great price, packaging and fast shipment.

Sejin

SejinV said:
I have ordered several times from Outpost.com without any problems what so ever, actually had great transactions with them. I just bought a BFG 6800GT OC from them for 349 and they got it to me so fast I almost shit. Ordered it at 11:48PM Thurday, arrived 10:30AM Saturday. Great price, packaging and fast shipment.

Sejin

Yes, but they are currently backstocked and yet still listing the card as in stock.

They are shady, and most people have problems with them.

In the past I too have had only good expierences ordering from Outpost. Just make sure the product is listed as in stock.

I was going to order the BFG 6800 OC from outpost, the $250 one, so I thought I would search and see if anyone here had problems with them, and I found this thread. Sorry to bring it back, but I wanted to make sure I understood what they're doing. I was going to email them and ask, but it sounds like they might lie.

So basically it is out of stock but they are still taking orders, so if I place an order when they have it in stock I'll just be put in a line and have to wait till they get enought to ship to the people ahead of me. So that could take months, so I would probably be better off spending $20 more and buying on newegg? Thanks for your help.

I ordered a game from outpost.com a few years ago, last time I ordered from them. It came the next day, but just have found other sites cheaper. Not sure how thier service is now, but it was outstanding before.

I had a video card die on me literally days before the Newegg one year warranty period was up. A quick 5 minute online process, and Newegg was sending me a check for a full refund (since they didn't have that card in stock any longer or one equivalent). That kind of support is worth a little extra money to me. Local stores don't even give you that.

Years and years ago, outpost.com was Cyberian Outpost, and were an excellent source of parts, gadgets, etc.

These days, they're owned by Fry's Electronics. Outpost.com is basically the online version of Fry's.

Ever wonder what becomes of all those open-box returns you see at Fry's?

skritch said:
Ever wonder what becomes of all those open-box returns you see at Fry's?
LOL, I always wonder where my badly duct taped hard drives go.

i ordered from there, my video card shipped the next day. the sales tax is a bitch in certain states but i'd buy from there again.

Back