• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DiamondMax 10 Problems with VIA VT8237 Chipset

coold8

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
160
Hi, I just bought a DiamondMax 10 300gb 16mb Cache SATA Drive. I have a VIA VT8237 SATA controller (SATA I). When I plug it into the board it does not recognize the drive and just skips off the SATA check. When I move the drive over to my Silicon Image 680 Controller I no longer have that problem and it recognizes the drive. When I plug an alternate drive into the VIA controller it detects it fine. I noticed there is one jumper on the back of the drive, I am not sure what it sets, but could that be the problem? Thanks for your help.
 
http://www.behardware.com/news/imprimer/7717/
Try going to VIA's website and grabbing the latest drivers for everything, including the SATA controller on the south bridge. If you have the newest Diamondmax 10's (that are SATA2/300mb per sec) then they won't work unless you install some kind of update... if it's available at all.
 
Back
Top