Ok so I got the Diamond HD2600XT a few months ago from someone on the [H]. It seemed fast at first but now the same game (BF2142) seems to be lacking in speed and its not Internet speed either (30-60 ping). It feels totally graphics speed related. I get gitters, like my gun stays down when walking rather then running and my zoom will pop in and out when I try to zoom. Well I'm wondering a.) Can I OC the card, b.) What do I use to OC it (ATItool crashes every time I open it), c.) What would be a good (really cheap Under $80 preferred but will look up too $100) upgrade card if that is what I need.
(System)
I have a Dell Dimension 5150.
PSU ~450 watts from doing the math.
P4 3.0gHZ
2x1gb 2x256mb (533mhz) DDR2
80Gb WD hdd 7200rpm 8mb buffer
Diamond HD2600XT
Single PCI-E 16x slot (theres no room for a dual slot card unless I cut the bracket)
I know if I searched good and hard there is probably an answer already on the forums but my eyes are already aching from reading them too much
Thank you in advance for your input!,
Amazon3d
Im looking at one of these two, not sure if it would be better to go with the 4800 series or 4600 series.
ASUS EAH4830/HTDP/512MD3 Radeon HD 4830 512MB
I can see the + side being that it has 256bit vs the 128bit of the sapphire card.
But being open box means no accessories (at least not likely).
SAPPHIRE 100255L Radeon HD 4670 512MB
Would be full box and a 70 series rather then 30 series, from what i can see the 4670 is 750mhz with 320 SPs, the 30 is 650mhz with 640 SPs.
While I have been out of the GFX loop for the last few months I would think the 4830 with 2x the Stream processors would be a better bet.
Feel free to chime in as I have never been one to get the latest and greatest but I would like a card I can carry over into a new system when the time comes.
(System)
I have a Dell Dimension 5150.
PSU ~450 watts from doing the math.
P4 3.0gHZ
2x1gb 2x256mb (533mhz) DDR2
80Gb WD hdd 7200rpm 8mb buffer
Diamond HD2600XT
Single PCI-E 16x slot (theres no room for a dual slot card unless I cut the bracket)
I know if I searched good and hard there is probably an answer already on the forums but my eyes are already aching from reading them too much
Thank you in advance for your input!,
Amazon3d
Im looking at one of these two, not sure if it would be better to go with the 4800 series or 4600 series.
ASUS EAH4830/HTDP/512MD3 Radeon HD 4830 512MB
I can see the + side being that it has 256bit vs the 128bit of the sapphire card.
But being open box means no accessories (at least not likely).
SAPPHIRE 100255L Radeon HD 4670 512MB
Would be full box and a 70 series rather then 30 series, from what i can see the 4670 is 750mhz with 320 SPs, the 30 is 650mhz with 640 SPs.
While I have been out of the GFX loop for the last few months I would think the 4830 with 2x the Stream processors would be a better bet.
Feel free to chime in as I have never been one to get the latest and greatest but I would like a card I can carry over into a new system when the time comes.