Diamond HD 7970 - $311.99 AC/AR w/ FS @ Newegg

AC:AR seems like a sweet throw in tho, could probably flip it for another $30 too if you don't care for for it (or you'd get two as I would). I've also been wanting to try out green next, adaptive vsync in particular. Even PhysX seems like less of a gimmick than it used to be (if only a little).

AC/AR in this case means 'after code'/'after rebate'. It had an instant rebate code and then an additional mail in rebate that stacked. The advertised freebie game was Dirt Showdown, but someone on slickdeals that overnighted it says he also recieved neuxz, deus ex and 2 dirt codes in the box. It's no Sleeping Dogs, but Ive been wanting to play Deus Ex for a while, so Im a happy camper, cant really ask for more at this price.

Kinda glad it's out of stock. I kept almost checking out with it in the cart. I have a 570 right now and nothing is really a challenge for it on a 1920x1080 display.

Still, that would be one hell of a fun card for that price.

I'm hoping a crazy deal for a 660 non-ti comes up soon (~$175) that I could jump on. I've seen them for $200 already. No having borderlands 2 hurts.

Kinda glad it's out of stock. I kept almost checking out with it in the cart. I have a 570 right now and nothing is really a challenge for it on a 1920x1080 display.

Still, that would be one hell of a fun card for that price.

I'm hoping a crazy deal for a 660 non-ti comes up soon (~$175) that I could jump on. I've seen them for $200 already. No having borderlands 2 hurts.

Doesn't really seem like a upgrade at all to me checking this comparison to the 660. You should be looking at a 660 Ti min, even a 670.

Got mine today. Seems good so far. Pretty stock setup. Got 3 games from Steam with it as well. (Deus Ex, Nexuiz, and Dirt Showdown.) Came with HDMI to DVI and DP to DVI converters for Eyefinity setups.
All in all, pretty hot deal!

Last edited:
Back