Diablo III in 2009? PC Gamer believes so...

Decko87

2[H]4U
d3.jpg

None of the news in the article is new, however there is an interview with Rob Padro on other blizzard exclusives. Does PCG know something we don't?

None of the news in the article is new, however there is an interview with Rob Padro on other blizzard exclusives. Does PCG know something we don't?

hehe probably just trying to boost their flagging mag sales :p

SC2 (at least Terran campaign) should be out before Diablo 3.

If not...wtf Blizzard.

Nawww... I say 2010 is the year for Diablo 3.

Of course, I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong by seeing D3 this year. :D

If I remember the article correctly, they said that they were "optimistic" about it being released in '09. Although I remember them putting STALKER in their Top Games for 2005-2007. They're guessing like the rest of us.

I would highly doubt Diablo 3 this year, especially since SC2 SHOULD be making its way out. Why would they risk cannibalizing their sales?

Sc2 was announce about a year and a half ago, right? Still no release date. Diablo 3 was announced what, half a year ago? 2009 is rather unlikely IMO.

There's NO WAY we'll see a Blizzard game come out that quickly. Not going to happen.

Yeah PC Gamer is freakin useless. Almost always review high. All they're doing is generating hype to get you buy the mag. According to Blizzard, Diablo ships after Starcraft 2, which may ship Fall 08.

Funny enough, I flipped through it yesterday to read their take on Core i7 and gaming. The only info they had was "yes, it will run your games faster". No benchmarks, just speculation. What a joke. Maybe they should have done their homework and read the [H] review before publishing:D

I think Halloween this year.

I cant see them making us wait till 2010 to release it. We all know they have plenty of cash and resources to get it done and get it done this year.

If it does come out in 2010, it had better be so gawd damn polished with zero bugs or they are going to get a shit load of hate mail and bad word towards their business practices. I say, if it comes out in 2010 and it ends up sucking, we here at the [H] ban together and go down to their studios and put all their HDD in a microwave :)

I would guess more like 2011 for Diablo 3... I'm not even optimistic for SC2 coming out this year.

I can see diablo 3 coming out in Q4 of 2010 or Q1 of 2011 at the earliest.

I thought that was why we have laptops and smart phones. ;)

I would highly doubt Diablo 3 this year, especially since SC2 SHOULD be making its way out. Why would they risk cannibalizing their sales?

Sc2 was announce about a year and a half ago, right? Still no release date. Diablo 3 was announced what, half a year ago? 2009 is rather unlikely IMO.

I don't see it as much of a risk to be honest. If they released SC2 over the summer and D3 for xmas everyone i know would buy both, hell everyone i know would get both if they released them the same day.

If SC2 does not make it out this year, especially considering they are splitting the campaign into three games, I cannot understand what the hold up is. From all the footage I've seen, it might as well be in beta balance testing at this point.

guessing june 30th 2009 for SC 2 terran campaign.. gives them 6 months of sales in the year.

then possibly january 2010 diablo 3. with a late june SC 2 campaign 2 release. then i suspect we will be stuck for nothing in 2011 with both diablo 3 expansion and sc 3 finally in 2012.

my kung fu prediction skillz feel strong today.

i feel diablo 3 is such a strong title regardless that they wont care if its released before a hioliday season or not.

Yeah PC Gamer is freakin useless. Almost always review high. All they're doing is generating hype to get you buy the mag. According to Blizzard, Diablo ships after Starcraft 2, which may ship Fall 08.

Funny enough, I flipped through it yesterday to read their take on Core i7 and gaming. The only info they had was "yes, it will run your games faster". No benchmarks, just speculation. What a joke. Maybe they should have done their homework and read the [H] review before publishing:D

Yes, Logan Decker their hardware editor is almost clueless when it comes to hardware, and his test methodology is almost laughable.

Diablo 3 will be the first game I'll purchase in a long time. I'm not a huge gamer, but hell, my next system will be built around D3s requirements.

Diablo 3 will be the first game I'll purchase in a long time. I'm not a huge gamer, but hell, my next system will be built around D3s requirements.

Knowing Blizz, your current system probably exceeds the recommended reqs for both SC2 and D3. They tend to focus on lowest common denominator requirements to have the largest mass appeal.

Who gives a shit? It's a shitty game made for little kids with rainbows everywhere.

Who gives a shit? It's a shitty game made for little kids with rainbows everywhere.

Haha blizzard's been heading in that direction for a long time now. I seriously see it as a kids company nowadays. It's a pitty though, Diablo 2 is one of my favorite games.

If SC2 does not make it out this year, especially considering they are splitting the campaign into three games, I cannot understand what the hold up is. From all the footage I've seen, it might as well be in beta balance testing at this point.

They are well into balance testing. The campaign is whats taking up most of the time. I don't think perfecting balance testing is important to blizzard. With wc3, they've been constantly making changes since it released.

Back