Diablo 3 - may 15th preorders being taken

Off to a good start :p

err I mean.. Pre order Cancelled!
rabblerabblerabble...

Pre-orders for the digital version started as soon as the release date was announced. Was this for the hard copies or something? I'm probably going to get the CE.

Um May 15th pre-orders being taken... hasn't this been available for pre-order since last year? That's when I had my CE pre-ordered..

And yet, D3 sales will destroy PoE's in the end. I've played both... and I completely prefer D3.

And yet, D3 sales will destroy PoE's in the end. I've played both... and I completely prefer D3.

Well when you have a customer base that plays World of Warcraft, its kind of hard not to sell copies of a game that looks your previous installments.

Funny thing is, for such a small development team and a free game, PoE is creating quite a stir in this genre and many people are comparing it to Diablo 1.

In my opinion the game is already a success and shouldn't need validation.

Love you guys:

Diablo III no LAN or offline mode? NOT BUYING.

Path of Exile no LAN or offline mode? BUYING!

Love you guys:

Diablo III no LAN or offline mode? NOT BUYING.

Path of Exile no LAN or offline mode? BUYING!

Thing is, I would never even want to play Diablo 3 at a LAN... The only LAN I ever go to is Quakecon, other than that, I game at home. I also don't remember the last time I did not have my internet connection on...

Side note I do like PoE. Very fun. I can't compare it to D3 as I have not yet played it.

Thing is, I would never even want to play Diablo 3 at a LAN... The only LAN I ever go to is Quakecon, other than that, I game at home. I also don't remember the last time I did not have my internet connection on...

Side note I do like PoE. Very fun. I can't compare it to D3 as I have not yet played it.

Yeah personally I have no interest in an offline mode, I just find the apparent contradiction amusing.

I've played both betas and PoE seems deeper in regards to character development. There really is no competition. The thing is I don't feel I was playing a complete set of features when playing diablo 3 beta and so I will reserve judgement on it until it is released.

Let me also add I loved sacred 2. Very deep character development, great graphics and very hard if played correctly with many ways to develop characters. Did I mention HUGE map?

Sacred 3 is in development as well and I wouldnt count them out in the arpg realm.

Last edited:
Me and my one buddy were playing dungeon hunter alliance the other night for ps3. I know it's not the same, and is generic but we had some fun. Made me miss Diablo 2 lan.

Just throwing it out there for you guys and girls that have preordered or got it with an annual pass that you can already preload the game, it's about 8.5g. Just in case you all didn't know and would want to do something like that.

Let me also add I loved sacred 2. Very deep character development, great graphics and very hard if played correctly with many ways to develop characters. Did I mention HUGE map?

Sacred 3 is in development as well and I wouldnt count them out in the arpg realm.

From what I played, I really enjoyed Sacred 2 also. It's just a shame it suffered from some serious stability issues with certain configurations. Specifically, when PhysX was enabled. No crashes at all when PhysX was disabled.

Sadly, I had the mentality that I wanted to experience the game with all the eye-candy enabled and wouldn't settle to just turn off the offending feature. I even went as far as enabling a dual boot of XP specifically for this game, but it still CTD'ed on XP when PhysX was enabled. Tried every tweak and ini setting under the sun also.

Fingers crossed Sacred 3 irons out all the issues that plagued S2. The Sacred series has always been known to suffer from a lot of bugs, hopefully they can reform themselves with the new title.

EDIT: Shit, I just read that development of Sacred 3 is no longer being handled by "Ascaron Entertainment" but by "Keen Games" and being published by "Deep Silver".. I won't be holding my breath on this one. Keen Games - Title Catalog

Last edited:
From what I played, I really enjoyed Sacred 2 also. It's just a shame it suffered from some serious stability issues with certain configurations. Specifically, when PhysX was enabled. No crashes at all when PhysX was disabled.

Sadly, I had the mentality that I wanted to experience the game with all the eye-candy enabled and wouldn't settle to just turn off the offending feature. I even went as far as enabling a dual boot of XP specifically for this game, but it still CTD'ed on XP when PhysX was enabled. Tried every tweak and ini setting under the sun also.

Fingers crossed Sacred 3 irons out all the issues that plagued S2. The Sacred series has always been known to suffer from a lot of bugs, hopefully they can reform themselves with the new title.

EDIT: Shit, I just read that development of Sacred 3 is no longer being handled by "Ascaron Entertainment" but by "Keen Games" and being published by "Deep Silver".. I won't be holding my breath on this one. Keen Games - Title Catalog

But they have hired a good number of the people who worked on s2 so my hopes are still there. We will see though nothing is certain in the vg industry.

Back