Diablo 3 Digital Version: No Key?

Gorathoth

n00b
I don't have a key for the digital version, nor do I remember getting one. It's not in the receipt from purchase.

I just pre-installed it fine, but clicked "activate key" to go to my account just in case, and there's nothing to be found.

So are there no keys distributed with the digital versions?
I guess since it's digital that, with Blizz, they don't bother with keys?

There are no keys. Your battle.net account is flagged with owning diablo 3 when you purchase it.

Bought mine off Battlenet and there is no key. Says that somewhere.

if it's similar to sc2 it is tied to your bnet account. You'll need to download it from there as well. They let sc2 pre install and then once it went live all you had to do was activate. I don't have any experience with d3 and how it works yet but I would imagine it would be a similar concept.

I have the same problem, it's really confusing, there's no key and when you login after you install the game it says there's no D3 license tied to your Bnet account, just say the game isn't released yet or something

the game isn't released until 12:01 PDT so until it passes that time i wouldn't worry all that much about it.

The license is automatically placed into your Bnet account. Seeing as you have to login with your Bnet account to play, there's no real need for a key to be given to you.

I'm in the character screen finally, but every time I try and hit create hero I get a request timed out. Been like this for about 30 minutes. On the other hand, three of my friends are in game. Fuckers :O

I don't have a key for the digital version, nor do I remember getting one. It's not in the receipt from purchase.

I just pre-installed it fine, but clicked "activate key" to go to my account just in case, and there's nothing to be found.

So are there no keys distributed with the digital versions?
I guess since it's digital that, with Blizz, they don't bother with keys?

You don't have to activate if you purchased directly from Battle.net. Just login to game and play if you can LOL

The idea of having to be online for this is just horrible. Some people can't even create characters.

They must've missed the whole login/key activation shit while they were in "polish mode" for the past "2 years." :rolleyes:

Back