Diablo 3 - Beta thread

Superhuman

[H]ard|Gawd
The beta has officially started!

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzard-confirms-ff-beta-underway-closed-public-beta-soon

Bashiok said:
FYI, we’re getting very close to starting the closed public beta test for Diablo III. You might start seeing some new reports about the beta client as we’ve begun limited external testing with employees and their families, and there is no non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for that. We look forward to sharing more info about the beta test in the near future. Stay tuned.

If you have a beta license, you are free to show, share, or talk about any portion of the beta content to which you have access, as this beta test is not confidential.

If anyone has an extra friend & family key, I will literally suck your dick for it.

If anyone has the ability to give up a Key to me, Ill let SuperHuman suck your dick for it... twice.. all the way back..

Isn't it under NDA? Wonder how long it will take for blizz to ban accounts.

^^ Read the first posts, your allowed to share any info about the content of the beta they are given to play with.

So it's an actual key and not account bound access? I may just sell mine then when I get it.

"limited external testing"

I won't be getting my hopes up about any possibility of playing this beta in the near future, if at all.

:(

I'm just gonna wait until this comes out. I don't wanna spoil the fun I'm going to have with my own character that I get to keep.

There are so many people that want to play the beta and signed up, i think chances are very slim that you get a key. But i'll bet they will be worth something to a lot op people.

Looks an awful lot like Torchlight... And I just saw a checkpoint pop up? Wtf is that?

Looks an awful lot like Torchlight... And I just saw a checkpoint pop up? Wtf is that?

Yes it does. Level design-wise, I'm missing the "feel" of the Diablo 2 zones. The outdoor zones in this seem like a linear path rather than a nice open sandbox to explore and the inside zones have that weird scripted feel to them. I know he's only in the regular difficulty, but it looks quite easy as well. I remember the difficulty of vanilla D2 for a brand newbie being quite murderous, particularly with archers present. The enemies all seem so slow and unthreatening so far though.

Yes it does. Level design-wise, I'm missing the "feel" of the Diablo 2 zones. The outdoor zones in this seem like a linear path rather than a nice open sandbox to explore and the inside zones have that weird scripted feel to them. I know he's only in the regular difficulty, but it looks quite easy as well. I remember the difficulty of vanilla D2 for a brand newbie being quite murderous, particularly with archers present. The enemies all seem so slow and unthreatening so far though.

The "feel" of outdoor Diablo 2 zones? Are you kidding? The outdoor zones in Act 1 are the most bland, uninspired levels in the Diablo franchise.

So far what I've seen in this beta is 1000x more atmospheric and Diablo-ish than Act 1 in D2.

Also, Diablo 2 hard on normal difficulty? LOL. I played a few weeks ago with a brand new character, beat normal difficulty in a few nights....I don't think I drank more than 5 health potions the entire game. It was EZ mode.

Only Diablo 1 was challenging.

The "feel" of outdoor Diablo 2 zones? Are you kidding? The outdoor zones in Act 1 are the most bland, uninspired levels in the Diablo franchise.

So far what I've seen in this beta is 1000x more atmospheric and Diablo-ish than Act 1 in D2.

Also, Diablo 2 hard on normal difficulty? LOL. I played a few weeks ago with a brand new character, beat normal difficulty in a few nights....I don't think I drank more than 5 health potions the entire game. It was EZ mode.

Only Diablo 1 was challenging.

Diablo 2 without the expansion = pretty challenging, but so awesome.

it looks like 3d Diablo 2

That's exactly what I told this girl I was talking to, it seems a LOT like Starcraft 2, it'll just be Diablo 2 with updated graphics.

I really was not impressed by what I saw.

Add on the always on connection bullshit and I think I'm gonna pass.

Torchlight 2 looks a lot more appealing unless they completely fuck that up.

Of course don't get me wrong, Diablo 3 will be GOTY and get all kinds of sales records when it comes out, but I will pass.

That's exactly what I told this girl I was talking to, it seems a LOT like Starcraft 2, it'll just be Diablo 2 with updated graphics.

I really was not impressed by what I saw.

Add on the always on connection bullshit and I think I'm gonna pass.

Torchlight 2 looks a lot more appealing unless they completely fuck that up.

Of course don't get me wrong, Diablo 3 will be GOTY and get all kinds of sales records when it comes out, but I will pass.

when you buy Diablo 3 you should add me so we can quest!

Why do the monsters stand next to people and not attack? They don't nearly as aggressive or strong as monsters in Diablo 2.

Why do the monsters stand next to people and not attack? They don't nearly as aggressive or strong as monsters in Diablo 2.

maybe because its a closed beta and very early in testing? Who knows what kinks they are trying to work out, perhaps they have dumbed down AI difficulty?

Nice to see that the pace of the early game is going to be about as modest as D2. Too many games these days try to start off flashy and explosive to wow people into getting the game. Drowns out the atmospheric presentation.

The stream is pretty terrible quality, but thanks. Prolly gonna hold off on live streams until Day[9] (a renowned Starcraft figure) streams his D3 experience. :D

I said it before, but I got my key already :D Its a shame though, I'm quite busy lately and haven't had any time to play the game yet lol. I'll maybe play tonight, but I'm leaving town soon and won't be able to play for several days. If I got this key when I was younger I'd have taken vacation days to play but instead I got old, married and work a lot.

HOOK ME UP WITH THE KEY ILL DO ANYTHING!!

I ALREADY HAVE THE BETA CLIENT INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER!! I JUST NEED ACCESS...!!!

OMG!! nice... i got the client installed im so ready, i need a key :/

14 gigs for a beta that doesn't even finish act 1? Something tells me it's the entire client.

Back