Diablo 3 7680x1600 with one GTX 670?

My video card blew up last night so I was forced to buy a new card today - a GTX 670, after reading the review.

Diablo 3 comes out next week and it will be 99.9% of my game time. I have three Dell 3007WFP monitors and had I not purchased a new video card I would have been happy playing it single monitor. However since I do now have a very capable video card and Diablo 3 is not particularly graphics intensive, I am interested in running it with a multimonitor set up.

It looks like the card I purchased has 2 DVI ports (one looks like just a single link DVI), 1 display port, and 1 HDMI.

Does anyone know if this a feasible setup for 7680x1600, or even 5120x1600 and if so what cables/adapters would I need?

From teh ports alone the answer is NO.. Only the Dual Link DVI & the Display port could be used for 2560x1600 Beyond that Eyefinity will most likely do nothing for a game like Diablo 3

Diablo 3 will not support multi monitor resolutions it caps at 2560x1600 though you my be able to get it to span all three screens it will look terrible and stretched out.

now as far as running it at 2560x1600 I was in the beta and my single 680 was able to push over 100 fps at 2560x1440 with everything maxed and fxaa + 4x msaa forced on through the nvidia control panel and I have no doubt that a 670 would also give similar results.

My video card blew up last night so I was forced to buy a new card today - a GTX 670, after reading the review.

Diablo 3 comes out next week and it will be 99.9% of my game time. I have three Dell 3007WFP monitors and had I not purchased a new video card I would have been happy playing it single monitor. However since I do now have a very capable video card and Diablo 3 is not particularly graphics intensive, I am interested in running it with a multimonitor set up.

It looks like the card I purchased has 2 DVI ports (one looks like just a single link DVI), 1 display port, and 1 HDMI.

Does anyone know if this a feasible setup for 7680x1600, or even 5120x1600 and if so what cables/adapters would I need?

The answer is yes. It is feasible. I can't say how great it will run with 1 gtx670, but it should work. You'll probably have to use the 2 DVI ports and the DisplayPort. Don't think HDMI can do 2560x1600.

To stretch D3 across 3 screens in the beta, you had to use "full screen windowed" mode. The problem wasn't with stretching, it doesn't stretch at all, which is really nice... it was that the game obviously was not made to run on 3 screens as the character select screen just ends jaggedly on the sides and the game play screen has artifacts on the side screens when you get into an area where they didn't fill in the environment that far to the sides.

Whether they leave this is the retail release or not is unknown at this point. You may be locked into one screen as others have suggested. If this is true, it's a bummer for you and I, because even with the random artifacts, it was pretty damn awesome on 3 screens.

Edit: I looked up HDMI specs and it looks like the newer 1.3 spec allows for 2560x1600, so in theory you could use any of the ports on the card you want. I don't think you can use a HDMI to DVI adapter though, it would need to be a direct connection.

Last edited:
The answer is yes. It is feasible. I can't say how great it will run with 1 gtx670, but it should work. You'll probably have to use the 2 DVI ports and the DisplayPort. Don't think HDMI can do 2560x1600.

To stretch D3 across 3 screens in the beta, you had to use "full screen windowed" mode. The problem wasn't with stretching, it doesn't stretch at all, which is really nice... it was that the game obviously was not made to run on 3 screens as the character select screen just ends jaggedly on the sides and the game play screen has artifacts on the side screens when you get into an area where they didn't fill in the environment that far to the sides.

Whether they leave this is the retail release or not is unknown at this point. You may be locked into one screen as others have suggested. If this is true, it's a bummer for you and I, because even with the random artifacts, it was pretty damn awesome on 3 screens.

I second this and can confirm what was said. Even though there is a heavy amount of assets just popping into and out of the visible play area, it does give an advantage in that you can see things a bit sooner than on a single monitor. The biggest downside for me was when I was breaking down items for materials. It get's tedious dragging items from the right side of the right monitor to the left side of your left monitor, lol.

got a 27" 2560x1440 and a 30" here (but getting rid of 30 soon) ... anyways ... point is like the above poster said - diablo cant play more then 16:9 or 16:10 ... you got 2 choices. Cant go on 3 screens unless you stretch it to kingdom come.

And imo diablo works better at 2560x1440 (you can actually see farther) - even if I kept my 30" Id play it at that res.

I am in this exact same boat, except I am considering it for just one Dell 3008WFP.

First, see this video for a (bad quality) example of multi monitor gaming in diablo 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xNmyhR92pM

It is reported that although you can see the environment on the other 2 monitors, mobs and other objects suddenly pop into those screens because the game is designed for a single monitor.

I was in the beta since September and running one EVGA GTX 580 3GB gave me trouble at 2560x1600, with all settings maxed, while in windowed mode. The lag/stuttering was really only noticeable when 3 or 4 players were on screen and there was a lot of action. When I say lag/stuttering I mean fps drops down to <10 for a few frames, and then back to ~50+. I managed to fix it by turning shadows to medium and playing in fullscreen in stead of windowed mode. Still though, this has got me worried and I am considering upgrading because I too will be playing this game 99% of the time.

The smartest plan in my opinion is to wait until after the game is released. It is not smart to assume that the performance in the beta will be equivalent to the performance in the final build. Also, by then maybe 670 prices will have dropped a bit, or the 680 will actually become available.

That's CPU bro not video. Try 4v4 SC2 if you think thats bad. And play toss with mothership cloaking buddies and you.

Blizz only uses 2 threads is a problem plus so much shit.

That's CPU bro not video. Try 4v4 SC2 if you think thats bad. And play toss with mothership cloaking buddies and you.

Blizz only uses 2 threads is a problem plus so much shit.

Were you responding to my post? You think its my CPU thats holding me back? That would be good news - as I was finally planning on OC'ing my 920 this weekend in hopes that it would fix my minor fps issues.

I wouldn't think surround gaming would be useful at all for an isometric view game like Diablo 3 anyway.

I've been playing Diablo 3 for a few days on three 1680x1050 screens, and although there are periodic little graphical anomalies on the extreme periphery here and there, for the mostpart, you're getting a very immersive experience which isn't really ruined by them, since they never occur on your centre screen, or even close to it. They only ever happen on the extreme edges, and not all the time at that.

I'm really finding the game enjoyable on the three screens, using bezel compensation. I don't know if there's any difference between how it's running for me on an AMD 7850 vs. an nVidia card, but the AMD card is maintaining over 60 FPS consistently, and the game just feels awesome.

Once you've actually played on the 3 screens for a couple of hours, you would have a hard time going back to 1, even a big one.

Back