Diablo 2 @ Higher Resolutions?

Just curious if there was any way to force Diablo 2 into higher resolutions....something about the game gives me a headache or something after awhile. I'm thinking its either the resolution or the refresh rate. Even though my monitor is set at 85hz :confused:

With LOD expansion it will go up to 800x600 but that is as high as it will go. As the graphics are all 2D they would all have to be repainted is one of the reasons I have read for no higher rez being available.

Sorry still a great game though. ;)

I guess it will work at higher resolutions now as it has been patched to work with all modern OS. ;) Here is the Diablo Twitter to keep up with the game. Diablo (@Diablo) | Twitter

Diablo 2 Gets First Patch in 4 Years.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166793-Diablo-2-Suddenly-Gets-Another-Patch

Official Blizzard post.
http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742864181

It’s been a long time coming, but today we’re releasing 1.14a for Diablo II.

This update focuses on system glitches introduced by modern operating systems. In related news, you can finally retire those old Mac PowerPCs. Included with the update is a shiny new installer for OSX.

We’ve also begun working to improve our cheat-detection and hack-prevention capabilities. There’s still work to be done, but we’re making improvements every day.

There is still a large Diablo II community around the world, and we thank you for continuing to play and slay with us. This journey starts by making Diablo II run on modern platforms, but it does not end there. See you in Sanctuary, adventurers.

Well it is completely new information. Should I start a new thread to say that the game is updated for Win 10 and most likely coming to Battlenet? Did you take the time to read my links? People still play the game you know. ;) I thought it was cool that Blizzard just released a NEW patch for the game personally.

As far as talking about resolutions; I was just having fun with that. ;)

Well it is completely new information. Should I start a new thread to say that the game is updated for Win 10 and most likely coming to Battlenet? Did you take the time to read my links? People still play the game you know. ;) I thought it was cool that Blizzard just released a NEW patch for the game personally.

As far as talking about resolutions; I was just having fun with that. ;)
That is one thing you have to give Blizzard credit for over any other company, they will patch their products forever practically. My PC is down right now but I might have to dig out D2 whenever I get my PC running again. Hoping that this patch is a precursor to a full out D2 refurb up to modern resolutions. There is also something particularly appropriate about Necroing a D2 Thread (Necromancers are the ultimate Dead Heads) :)

My buddies from Canada are going to play some I think. They love this game still.

I've been playing on and off since the ladder reset in November. Got to level 58 HC and died. Now I'm back at level 72 HC and still going.

anyone try this to see if it supports moderns resolutions?

anyone try this to see if it supports moderns resolutions?

It supports up to 800x600, like always. If you run it windowed you can resize the window and it will stretch the pixels, but it is still a base of 800x600.

Wow this is pretty cool. Nice necro cagey!

My friends were JUST saying, "hey lets play D3 again" and I responded "meh it's the same game we just played... lets play D2!"

Now this gives me some ammo to make it happen =D

There was a mod for it called I think "HD mod" or "widescreen wrapper" I cant remember it. I know the mod I used wasnt Bnet friendly so you could only use it in single player.

damn 800x600 is pretty rough on 2560x1440 and stretching it... lol pixel city

Back