Diablo 1 old school goodness "hellfire"

Firebomb

[H]ard|Gawd
I install some diablo 1 with the hellfire expansion just for kicks its been awhile since I played it and I don't remember it at all.. I almost forgot about the expansion.

crab.jpg

lester.jpg

main.jpg

*sigh

I miss my Diablo 1 disc. :(

(I dunno why, but D1 always seemed more fun than D2.... probably just the nostalgia)

I never played Hellfire. I liked Diablo 1 though, I beat it about a year ago in a day, lol. That was a long day... of course, everything was duped..

*sigh

I miss my Diablo 1 disc. :(

(I dunno why, but D1 always seemed more fun than D2.... probably just the nostalgia)

Alot more atmospheric, can't run, no repetitive boss killing for gear, die and all your gear drops on the ground, certain monsters can permanently fuck up your stats, best items are blue. If only it were hack/dupe free.

D1 is more like a survival game
D2 is more like an action game (unless you play Hardcore ;-) )

Oh man, you're making me want to play again, but I know I'd just quit after 10 minutes like I always do with Diablo 2. Why can't they just announce Diablo 3?

I agree, I would love to see a Diablo 3. All that WoW money has made Blizzard lazy.

Apparently, there are rumors that Bizzard has started working on Diablo 3 -- they recently acquired the diablo3.com domain and there are job postings on the Blizzard web site that seem Diablo-related.

Alot more atmospheric, can't run, no repetitive boss killing for gear, die and all your gear drops on the ground, certain monsters can permanently fuck up your stats, best items are blue. If only it were hack/dupe free.

D1 is more like a survival game
D2 is more like an action game (unless you play Hardcore ;-) )

Dude are you serious?! That's just mean.

mmm diablo, the good ole' days. I just cant replay diablo 1 after playing diablo 2, so many nice gui features and controls. I DID just re-do all of the diablo 2 campaign in co-op with a friend though, much fun :)

I agree, I would love to see a Diablo 3. All that WoW money has made Blizzard lazy.
I'm positive that Diablo 3 is currently in development, seeing as how StarCraft 2 begun development in 2003 and we didn't know about it until 2007.

I cant find the skeleton king portal on level 3 in hellfire.... I have looked in the area its all lit up and I cant see it. plus I dont have the quest noone in town talks about it.. I am level 13 can U be to high of a level to get the quest?

My fav Diablo weapon was King's Sword of haste awesome weapon!!!

oh yeah and duping was great!! :D

dont remember about the king. i think hes just in a room, no?

i remember that down around level 9-11 or somewhere, you get that Valors Armor or something, its a high Dex bonus light armor, pretty much the best a armor a monk can get in the whole game.

D1 butcher and the undead King had me running. the butcher could take me out in a couple of hits.... oh the danger, but once you got his cleaver, you were set for a while. and the crown also lasted for a long time since it has life stealing.

best thing about D2 - the cow level

I cant find the skeleton king portal on level 3 in hellfire.... I have looked in the area its all lit up and I cant see it. plus I dont have the quest noone in town talks about it.. I am level 13 can U be to high of a level to get the quest?

I haven't played D1 in forever but I remember this happening sometimes in the ps1 version, don't know if its a bug or not but some chars I would get the quest and other times I wouldn't.

I remember blowing open the hive in the expansion pack... God I wish I still owned it, as I would play it.

Diablo 1 has a random quest system. Poison Water Supply is grouped with the King Leoric quest, and the game randomly chooses one. From your first screenshots, looks like you got Poisoned Water Supply. ;)

yeah the random quests seems like a cool idea.

i thought hellfire was an un-official expansion?

edit: started gettin nostalgic with some blizzard movies. my god they're good.

They don't need to milk Diablo 3 more... instant cash cow though as everything they do is.

I'd like to see new IP from them.

I have always love blizzards cgi movies they do... I wonder if they will make diablo movie

Props to OP for bringing back some memories. Those really were the "good ole days".

Best thing about Diablo : The music. Makes me sad just thinking about the town music from Diablo 1.

yeah the random quests seems like a cool idea.

i thought hellfire was an un-official expansion?

edit: started gettin nostalgic with some blizzard movies. my god they're good.

I think it was an offical expansion but made by a third party. Sierra made the expansion.

I have a non-working CD around somewhere.

I have diablo 1 and the expansion laying around somewhere. This makes me want to get them running again.

Damnit! :D I've been reading this thread, and another that had a lot of D2 discussion recently, and I've been trying very hard not to pull the discs out and install them. 1. Because I don't like installing games. 2. Because I have other games that I haven't played yet, and this will set me back a few weeks.

I think I'm going to have to do it now though. It's been about three years since I've played D2, and it's been several since I've even looked at D1. (though I do have the latest versions that were available in the stores within the last few years. (post Battle Chest retail boxes I believe)

Bleh....

:D

I do remember playing a lot of Diablo and Hellfire through modem. Damn those were the good old days. I can't wait for a Diablo 3 and hopefully it will come shortly after Starcraft 2.

Though I would love to see a new IP from Blizzard but I doubt it will come anytime before Diablo 3.

Ha Ha! Diablo I and Hellfire actually work on Vista Ultimate 64. Only thing is that the game will not connect to Bnet (to be expected) but the single player works fine.

Ha Ha! Diablo I and Hellfire actually work on Vista Ultimate 64. Only thing is that the game will not connect to Bnet (to be expected) but the single player works fine.

Hmm I may have to find them and install to see if they'll work on Windows XP.

Yeah, Diablo = good stuff.

I recently started playing Titan Quest and it's taking me back with it's hack n' slashiness :p

i wish diablos were on steam. but i guess blizzard is going to do its own steam like thing. still i'd like to get the battle chest attached to my account. argh

Apparently, there are rumors that Bizzard has started working on Diablo 3 -- they recently acquired the diablo3.com domain and there are job postings on the Blizzard web site that seem Diablo-related.

Tis true. TOP SECRET job postings. Its gotta be Diablo.

I remember I used to connect to my friend through modem, and it had a bit of delay while picking up an item, which resulted in me having a 100% success rate for duping our stat elixirs. Maxed stats at level 1 ftw?:p

Back