• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

DGromacs Disappeared?

tsuehpsyde

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Messages
6,604
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've lost like 500-1,000PPD the past week. At first I thought it was my main desktop, as I forgot to re-enable it after some hardware testing, but I re-enabled it and my main machine was idle for 2 days and my PPD was still on a nosedive...I checked the logs and sure enough, regular Gromacs cores and no more DGromacs. :( I was hitting them regularly, and now I have a handful of machines that can really knock down points, but are gimped due to crappy units. Idunno if anyone else is having the same problem, but I know I am.
 
Small work units suck big moose nads!!!!

6 or 7 days now of non-stop 56 & 116 point junkers :(

I hope they're important, cuz I'm doing a ton of them.
 
Well, since this thread kind of relates...

What's your guy's time per frame for p2107? Pentium 4 640 here is putting out one every 50 minutes..I wonder if I missed a setting somewhere..

80 hours seems kind of long for one work unit on something with this kind of power.

 
gwai lo said:
Well, since this thread kind of relates...

What's your guy's time per frame for p2107? Pentium 4 640 here is putting out one every 50 minutes..I wonder if I missed a setting somewhere..

80 hours seems kind of long for one work unit on something with this kind of power.


55 min. per, 91 hours total here for p2107_lambda_5way_melt_4_10011 on a AMD64 2.0gHz

 
eesh...3000+/3200+ doing 55 min too... ><

Oh well, good to know I'm not the only one with unusually slow crunching.
 
Last time I had one of those was about a week ago, but @ 2430mhz my A64 was doing them about 42 minutes a percent or so, a little slower when I was using the machine.
 
Back
Top