DGL-4300 going slowly?

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
i am having a lot of problems with my dling dgl 4300. this router has been rock solid for years for me but lately i am having a lot of problems. a few times a day i just lose connection (to the router). This happens on three different computer using three different wlan chipsets.

i used inSSIDer to see what is around for networks, and to see what channels they are using. i tried setting it to the least used channel but that didnt work. in fact, setting it to one channel made things worse. i have the best results when i leave spread spectrum on. right now i am on channel 9 (i know, i know!).

also sending files from one pc to another over wireless is really slow. i mean kps in the 400's. could this be caused by the encryption? security is set to wpa-personal (wpa2), should i try something different?

i turned off the super g mode since i am not using it and set it to g only (seeing as i only have g devices). there is nothing connected to the local lan ports, would this affect anything?

could it just be on its way out? it is on the older side?

I'm using the 4500 Xtreme at the moment, I was having those same issues and a firmware update fixed it. I would check there first....

im using the latest (and final) firmware released. it has been running better (fingers crossed) since i plugged in a wired client. im not sure why this would make a difference but it has.

Unless you're at the upper limits of wireless (let's say 5MB/s+), I doubt encryption o/h is even entering the equation. As for losing connection to the router, that is definitely odd + you confirmed that with your testing already, hmmm.

I mean, barring a huge change (i.e. lightning storm, f/w flash), this sounds like purely a hardware issue. Check for dust? Otherwise I guess see if anything is showing up in the logs?

Back