DGL-4300 and RoadRunner Turbo speed issues

JKEEZO

Gawd
Does anyone know what roadrunner changes when you go from basic to their Turbo with powerboost package? I just moved down to San Diego from Orange and went from the basic Turbo 15mb down to the new 15mb down with up to 22mb powerboost. In Orange, I was able to get 15mbps down with no problems with this router.
Now when I have the cable modem directly connected to my computer I test at 23mbps down, but when I go through my Dlink DGL-4300 it throttles down to less than 10mbps whether I'm wired or wireless. I already updated the firmware and went through every setting that I thought would be affecting. Tried mac address clone, setting port to 100mbps instead of 10/100, turned off gamefuel.

The wierd thing is I now can use newsgroups at about 800KB while simultaneously downloading from websites (had 2 downloads going at 400KB... which would net 1600KB). When I just download one file through a website it limits it to 400KB (from websites that I know support over 1mb/sec).

I really like the DGL-4300, and in Orange I had no issues with the same setup. I'd like to keep the gaming router if possible, I'm just running out of ideas on what else to try.

The majority of routers designed for home use only have a 10mbit WAN port instead of 100mbit so its limiting you since its maxing itself out. Your best bet is a new router or an old pc to use a router.

As for why it limits http to 400kbps.. it could have some kind of QOS.

the 4300 has a 10/100 wan port and gigabit on the lan side. I have one but my dsl connection was nowhere near maxing it out.

You could temporarily try disabling gamefuel and the several other traffic prioritization options that are available in the firmware.

Thanks guys

It does have a 10/100 port

I have already gone through and disabled all of the game fuel and other traffic prioritization options to no avail

maybe updating the firmware on the router might help? Also is there anyway you can borrow a friends router just to check? Is it the same modem you had before the move? Could be some sort of compatibility issue if isnt.

I agree, try updating the firmware, I've had mine since Jan 05 and never had issues *pets 4300* Good little D-Link...

I updated the firmware to 1.9 while troubleshooting with the same result. Omega you may be right for some reason I feel like this just isnt going to work, its a shame because this router is great.

I will try to use my coworkers router and see how that works at some point.

Maybe they jacked something with that powerboost feature

Back