DFI's New A64 mobo

AMV

Limp Gawd
I have seen some forums on the board, they are claiming wicked overclocking potential, but I am wondering if anyone has seen reviews of the board here's a link if anyone wants to see the board, it looks pretty good what with Raid SATA and Gig lan

DFI NF3 board

i did have a review on it, it was a forum of this guy who got one free to test it for DFI. Can't find it right now though.

it would be great if you could remember where you saw it, I would really like to see a professional review of this board (they are usually pretty unbiased about the stuff that comes in)

thanks though even if you can't find it

Yeah I found that xtreme systems thread with Bigtoe, but yeah, I haven't seen a good review of it like unbiased, Bigtoe sounds a little biased to me, but that might just be me, but he doesn't talk to much about layout, or usability.

BigToe (Tony) works for OCZ, but is really really sharp on overclocking. I would trust him, or his buddy "Prometheus" aka wesly Fnk (now on AT) implicitly.

Believe another big name Opp was able to test this stuff and thoght it was good if I remember right :) I think all these people hang on Xtreme or ProCooling (at least the ones in phase cooling that is). People who are not afraid of volt modding should frequent those two, they are quite in depth information there vs this place having much more broad and general scope. (I guess you can't get all you need from one place anymore)

well, you guys are definitely right that these guys are pretty decent at what the do and I am willing to take their advice (I think I want this board) I just haven't been able to find any good all round reviews, the guys at xtreme are mainly performanve reviewers, not so much all round, but from what I see it's an awesome board, like I said, I think I am going to order.

Generally speaking, boards with that much OC headroom are usually more stable in general, regardless of oc'ing or not.

It sounds like a good buy.

Honestly guys the board was one of the best i have tested. I have tested 80+ motherboards now inc many beta boards for quite a few manufacturers.

Also I was going to post over at Abxzone but the thread took off on Xtreme so I stayed with it there. I have been testing TCCD modules with it now and they too clock VERY well.

I have been promised 939 so we wait and see ;)

I haven't seen this much enthusiast excitement over a board since the Iwill KK266 a few years ago...and that was a great board, for the time. :rolleyes:

There have already been many threads on this board, but as someone else said, there doesn't seem to be as much interest as most would have thought

Here is Anand's review that is linked in most of the threads

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2198

it seems pretty unbiased and states that the board is the best overclocking AND stock board out right now

I'll have mine tomorrow morning :D

hum... i heard it got delayed or something..... any is there any way to order this from any other sites yet? why is it that those two sites only carry it at the moment?

posted by administrators at NCIX (canadian I know, but probably accurate)

Well - the good news is we have an ETA, the bad news is that it's at the end of September. Only a VERY small number of units made it into North America, and they're gone.

Reason why the boards were delayed is they were slightly redesigned.Vagp was added along with more vdimm and better quality components.

DFI were going to release the board purely as a budget board before OPP and myself got our hands on it and pushed it to the results you have all see...this made DFI tweak it a little and I can tell you the finals are even better than the beta units OPP and myself have.

If you are looking for the ultimate 754 board this has to be it...nothing else I tested comes close for overclocking although some boards are a little faster at stock speeds.

well.... i guess the delay ~is~ good, if theyre making it better for us ^_^

anyhow.... i still have to save up my money for it :p.....

i plan to get a 3200+ newcastle and this mobo :p and im 205/360$ of the way there >_<

wow 1MB I don't know if it will handle it..... lol

easy mistake, not sure about ram, try bigtoe's posts on xtreme, they asked alot of ram questions

you mean 1gig? .... anyhow, um... well what are you trying to acheive is the question.

are you gonna OC it or just leave it at stock? and is price a problem?

bigtoe said:
Reason why the boards were delayed is they were slightly redesigned.Vagp was added along with more vdimm and better quality components.

DFI were going to release the board purely as a budget board before OPP and myself got our hands on it and pushed it to the results you have all see...this made DFI tweak it a little and I can tell you the finals are even better than the beta units OPP and myself have.

If you are looking for the ultimate 754 board this has to be it...nothing else I tested comes close for overclocking although some boards are a little faster at stock speeds.
i'm happy with mine :)

What heatsinks are u guys using. Appartnely for my CPNS7000A-AlCu I have to use a blowdryer to get the old mounting bracket, then use some screws called "nipples" to hold it in place. I REALLY don't wanna void my warranty just to get it up and running. Any suggestions? I was thinking about a SP94 and fan combo, but my fan controler has high off and low, and I dunno if low will be fast enough.

eva2000 said:
i'm happy with mine :)

what type of video card are you using?

i was thinking of adding a fan to the chipset and replacing the heatsink, but i may run into space problems with a GF6800 GT???
from your pics it looks like the heatsink is below the height of the ag and pci slot. maybe i'll have to make due with the heatsink??
what about transistors in the agp slot region? is there any restrictions?

i am waiting to order my 6800 until i know it will fit the board w/o problems

you shouldn't have probs with single slot 6800GT heatsinks but nv5 silencers will have problems if you use any chipset heatsink on board taller than the agp slot

using Albatron MX480EL passive cooled card for initial testing before loading in my big guns :)

Back