DFI X38 chipset cooling

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 24, 2004
Messages
7,004
I noticed with the DFI DK X38, the chipset cooler comes unmounted cause its so big. I plan on getting this board and I already have a Theremalright Ultra 120 heatsink and know the chipset heatsink will get in the way. Is there a good active chipset fan I can put on this board instead? Also is that mosfet heatsink going to get in the way of to the Ultra 120?

This is the board I am thinking of getting: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136045
 
Isnt that bigger than the current chipset solution on the DFI board? I'm not sure if you seen the Ultra 120 but its pretty massive. Just wondering if there are any active fans I can put on it so the Ultra 120 will fit. I could care less about noise.
 
its not the mosfets you gotta worry about its the NB, ive got the bigger brother the DK X48 and the NB is all attached with piping to the mosfets.

with that board you'd have to take the NB block off and replace with something like the thermalright someone mentioned above as its just too tall to fit the true vertically.
 
Back
Top