*** DFI Voltage Guide ***

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
I'm pretty sure it had been posted up at one point or another...but just in case there's many more new-comers lately, here's a voltage guide that I threw together when I was still tinkering with my own DFI Ultra-D.

The voltage options within the BIOS should be consistent for the Ultra-D/SLI-D/SLI-DR and SLI-DR Expert boards...not sure about the CFX3200...but you'd think it'd be fairly similar.

Anyways...here's the chart...hope it lends a hand for someone out there:

untitled7zo.jpg

Keep in mind that these are voltages that will be applied in the BIOS after making the selected changes...but your actual CPU voltage under idle and load conditions may vary depending on your specific motherboard and power supply...just a heads up.

awesome
This will save me lots of time from plugging in number in my calc. good work.

twitchee2 said:
awesome
This will save me lots of time from plugging in number in my calc. good work.

No problem...I did this over a year ago when I got my first Ultra-D and just got irritated at punching numbers each time I was gonna try a different voltage increment.

Have fun, print it off as I did and it does tend to save some time.

that is awesome :D
now....if only someone would fine out how much the ultra-d overvolts and how much the expert udnervolts :p

omz said:
now....if only someone would fine out how much the ultra-d overvolts and how much the expert udnervolts :p

I honestly never noticed much of any over/undervolting with my Ultra-D...nothing that I noticed anyways.

cornelious0_0 said:
I honestly never noticed much of any over/undervolting with my Ultra-D...nothing that I noticed anyways.
i noticed only around a .4 overvolt (put in 2.8v, bios read 2.84v) for the DRAM but havent really checked for vcore or anything else; but ido know taht other people have had some different overvolting/undervolting occurrences

omz said:
i noticed only around a .4 overvolt (put in 2.8v, bios read 2.84v) for the DRAM but havent really checked for vcore or anything else; but ido know taht other people have had some different overvolting/undervolting occurrences

Ooook...I thought you were referring to CPU overvolting. I never saw much of anything for cpu voltage fluctuations...but yes, I did notice the same dram voltage bump...not sure if there's anything short of voltmodding the board that could be done to remedy that...but it's not that big of a thing anyways.

that chart pwns:)

I have the lesser version of the DFI board.....UTNF4-D

ram voltage @ 2.8 in bios reads 2.86...with a multimeter I read 2.89

core voltage @ 1.497 in bios reads 1.47....with multimeter I get 1.54 :eek:

KingPing said:
that chart pwns:)

I have the lesser version of the DFI board.....UTNF4-D

ram voltage @ 2.8 in bios reads 2.86...with a multimeter I read 2.89

core voltage @ 1.497 in bios reads 1.47....with multimeter I get 1.54 :eek:

Thx man...weird how I never noticed that kind of voltage flux with my Ultra-D.

Did you just pick out that handle or would this by k|np|n from XS?

omz said:
they all vary. my ultra-d is actually almost dead on for cpu voltage :eek:

if you guys want i can post a chart that shows how to get all of the memory dividers :D (even though one already exists, it doesn't have >200mhz ratios)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=539462&postcount=7

(cf)Eclipse said:
they all vary. my ultra-d is actually almost dead on for cpu voltage :eek:

if you guys want i can post a chart that shows how to get all of the memory dividers :D (even though one already exists, it doesn't have >200mhz ratios)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=539462&postcount=7

Nice chart over at XS there...dunno why I never thought of doing that also. :p Ah well, guess I was just being lazy at the time. ;)

Nice to know I'm not the only one who didn't have any real cpu voltage issues with their Ultra-D.

1.55v * 113% is the highest I'll go on any processor. Barely gave me any gains on my Venice anyway, so I just settled for 1.6v :p

Does anyone honestly ever give their CPU 2.1v without the intention of killing it :eek:

Alex41290 said:
1.55v * 113% is the highest I'll go on any processor. Barely gave me any gains on my Venice anyway, so I just settled for 1.6v :p

Does anyone honestly ever give their CPU 2.1v without the intention of killing it :eek:

Haha...not that I know of...not with any semi-recent A64's anyways...if we were talking about Barton's then that'd be a different story.

Beyond 1.7v there typically isn't much of any gain for Venice cores, unless you're utilizing a cooling method far far better then standard air.

(cf)Eclipse said:
i wouldn't be surprised if there have been a few clawhammers over 2v ;)

Yeah, and I know I've seen a few FX's up around 1.9v+ on phase...but that's about it.

I miss the days where it was perfectly normal to see people with decent watercooling setups running their AXP's at like 2.1v. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Did you just pick out that handle or would this by k|np|n from XS?

actually I've been using this handle since the Quake,Quake2 days:)

Anyone have a link on how to grab the voltage readings off the motherboard with a digital multimeter?

Back