dfi ultra infinity

diredesire said:
To clarify: It doesn't need to be the same board. All you need is a 3rd party flash program such as uniflash (it's a great program, doesn't require any 'special training'/ extreme knowledge. As long as you know what you're doing, you'll be fine). As killa said... boot with a mainboard (that can cache the bios, old(er) motherboards do not support this, and will hang after the bios chip has been removed). Remove the bios chip (if you do not have a PLCC remover, be careful to pull the chip straight out, as to not bend the pins.) If you have never removed a bios chip before, you can try using a nail clipper's file (with the hook end) and placing it in the slot on the bios socket and prying upwards [don't pry it all the way out with one go, rock back and forth GENTLY a few times on each side and the chip should just pop out]). Put the new bios chip in, and run the command (uniflash.exe in this case). The flash utility will come up (uniflash will identify the chip) and then you can decide what bios file you want to flash to. Let it do it's thing and then shut the computer down. Remove the bios chip using the same method as before, and replace the older bios chip.

PLEASE <---!!! Before removing the chip, please notice one side of the chip has an arrow on it, and the socket has a corresponding arrow. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS. Replacing a bios chip backwards will FUBAR the chip. Also, on that side of the chip is an angled edge (you will see what i'm talking about) that is another identifier of the chip's orientation). I am making a HUGE note of this because i didn't pay attention the first time i hot flashed a chip and completely ruined any chance of reviving it.

AMD T-type: If your question hasn't been answered yet, the board that you use as a hot-flasher does not take any damage (unless you're clumsy and/or rough on the native bios chip). As long as one is careful, it's a pretty smooth operation.

to jovetata:
I'd try the hotflash first. If not, check out the amdmb forums. They have a represented section of the forums with a paid employee (that goes by the handle Angry_Games) as mentioned before. Find out his contact info, and ask him about the RMA process. He will be able to help you, and may even be able to get a board sent out to you so you dont' have to suffer a few weeks without a mobo. He's a great guy, and he's very helpful. I'd try the hotflash first, since you really might as well at this point. Also, if my post wasn't clear enough feel free to contact me (i have some contact info in my profile/sig). Always willin' to help a [H]ard bro out.

hey cool i didnt know you could do that eith this "unicast"

scwet info

ok screw it, i sent for RMA and i bought a bios savior. can anyone explain how to use it so ill know before it gets here? thanx any tricks or tips? thanx

so dose anyone know more exactly how to do this mod (or group of mods) to fix the votlage problems...

ok, i just got my board back from RMA, im gonna set it up and go for high fsb. i also ordered a bios saviour and im not gonna flash until i get it.

ok, now what i need to know is how to use the bios saviour? any tips.tricks to it? thanx

NO I HAVENT RECIEVED IT YET, I JUST WANTED TO GET A HEADS UP ON HOW IT WORKS

just wanted to know if there were any tricks or tips to use it... like "dont flash a dfi unless u have bios saviour" type deal u know...

hi, i think i read somewhere that i shouldnt use the multipliers other thann the "1:1's" cuz it'll mess with something.. is this true? thanx

so... i got my new mobo a few days ago and finally got around to messing with it. i have it testing at 253fsb now, but i know for sure 250 is stable.

do u guys think if i put a better sink on the north bridge and put some more voltage the chip ill be able to hit something higher?

this is more for the guys running something higher than 250. i wanna know if i should spend the time to put heatsinks on everything or leave it like that... my question is, will the extra effort pay ofF? thanx

um... i guess thats it..

oh, one more thing. do volt mods really help like a lot? cuz ill take the time do do em if they will help to get a 10+ gain in fsb... anyone have any good guides? (by good i mean newbie type stuff) thanx

edit: does anyone have any good guides on water cooling set-ups? like fromstart to finish nub stuff? thanx.. i figured id go all the way with this thing, i can get ht e cpu to 2.7 on air right now, hoping for 3? that would rules. thanx later

yea, that droop mod i hear about and maybe a vdimm mod. and any other mods anyone thinks will be worthwhile, thanx for the linkim thinking of either a stock amd heatsinl on the north or a nb-1 from thermalright. which would work better? thanx

sry, i dont know what that means... or why anyone does that.... "gidngksv" like im supposed to know what that means... lol j/k but seriously, what does that mean?

you got a private message. click "User CP" to see it or on the top right where it says Welcome jovetata

so... i have more questions.

i can boot the system at 237 fsb. not a whole lot... but then if i use clock gen, i can get the thing up to 253 stable. why is that? does it have something to do with CPC? this ram is 2 sided i believe. so.... if i disabble cpc i should be able to boot at the speed i could run clockgen at right? thanx

CPC fucks with ur ram, i recommend u dont disable it. try some testing, if u get better scores with it off then go for it, if not leave it enabled

In the mean time, my new Infinity, with minor mods.....AS3 on NB, SB sink on Sil3114, Microcool sinks on SB and mosfets..... is running 3D stable, rock solid at 240Mhz x10.5 with 1Gig of BH5: 11,2,2,2,2.0,9,12;6,5,6,3,3,5,6;eefd;6/7/6/7/6/7 @ 3.3Vdimm and a 2600+ mobile Athalon @1.875Vcore on air. Using alpha bios 505-T6-121.

More than 20Mhz faster than I can get on my highly Vmod'd NF7-S with the same components and voltages, using my best bios.

Needless to say, Im happy. :D

cool, nice o/c...

back to me: so do u know if my problem has to do with cpc? cuz i can crank it up to 253 using clock gen, but cant boot past 237.. stock board BTW, nothing done..

I spent 2 hours the other night messing with CPC

For some weird ass reason i could not go over 200fsb with it enabled, but disabled i can do 240fsb and my scores are better all around.

I guess no CPC for me. . . .

MaMMa said:
whats ur DIMMv w/CPC enabled? and what is it w/o CPC
if i knew that i wouldn't be asking the question fool :p j/k

thats the thing, i was waiting for my BIOS SAVIOUR to get here to flash my bios. it just got here today. ima set it up and flash and see what happens with cpc off..

ok quisk question: i wanna know if im gonna do it right

1)turn off pc
2)take out bios chip
3)put in bios saviour
4)put back original bios chip
5)switch bios saviour to org position
6)turn on pc
7)wait till it boots to windows
8)switch bios saviour to rd1 position
9)flash using winflash (or whatever its called)
10) reboot and hope it worked
11) if worked, im done / if no work i turn off and switch bios to ORG and reboot and try again

is this how it goes? thanx

3.3v enabled
3.3v disabled

too much powar !! !??

edit: err.. i believe he was asking me ?? :confused:

Back