• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DFI SLi-DR Bios for o/c'ing?

Ghent915

Gawd
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
974
Hey guys.
I just ordered myself a new mobo to go with my new Opty 146. However, I've seen somewhere (can't remember where now), that certain Bios Versions for the DFI SLi-DR/SLi-D mobos work better than others. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should get, or should I just go with the latest/greatest.
-Ghent
 
510-2 Hellfire Modded

623-3 official

704-2bta beta

All work fine, the 704 gets my vote. :)
 
Be sure to get the right revision for what type memory youre using. IIRC, -1 is for generic/not optimized for any particular ram. -2 is for bh5-utt and -3 is for tccd. I like 623, but am using the 704 bios right now. If you use the 704 be sure not to use the 123% and higher option for the cpu voltage, it has a bug where it may send max volts to your processor and kill it.
 
Impu|se said:
Be sure to get the right revision for what type memory youre using. IIRC, -1 is for generic/not optimized for any particular ram. -2 is for bh5-utt and -3 is for tccd. I like 623, but am using the 704 bios right now. If you use the 704 be sure not to use the 123% and higher option for the cpu voltage, it has a bug where it may send max volts to your processor and kill it.


The 704-2BTA has only up to 113%. There is no 123% option, as it's been taken out. It's all good.
 
ShuttleLuv said:
510-2 Hellfire Modded

623-3 official

704-2bta beta

All work fine, the 704 gets my vote. :)

For non-modded bioses I'd go for the 623-2 version. The -2 seems to be quite a bit better, overclocker friendly, at least for me.
 
Back
Top