DFI P55 ITX WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, RAM is the only limiting factor with this board. I'd love to have a couple of these.

If I had extra money, that e a pretty wicked HTPC upgrade.

Cute but sheesh on the price? :eek:
My open box x58 Extreme cost less than this.

Form factor only counts for so much....depending on the person I suppose. :eek:

If I had extra money, that e a pretty wicked HTPC upgrade.

Indeed it is, just built a box based on this board in a Silverstone SG06 case, i5, 4GB ram, and a GTS 250. Just wish slim Bluray drives didn't cost so much now, will have to add that later.

Just my opinion, but the board is too expensive for what it gives you in limitation of RAM and x16 PCie. You can find MicroATX with all four RAM slots and two X16 PCIe for roughly the same money.

Now to build a really small PC for LANs and gaming, that I might consider. :D

Just my opinion, but the board is too expensive for what it gives you in limitation of RAM and x16 PCie. You can find MicroATX with all four RAM slots and two X16 PCIe for roughly the same money.

Now to build a really small PC for LANs and gaming, that I might consider. :D

That be something....

Bring this little cube of a system to a LAN. Everyone kinda chuckles until you tell them you have a i7 with 8GB of RAM and somehow figured out how to fit an H50 in there so you could OC it to 3.5+ghz.....

If only I have and extra $700 laying around... lol :p

Well, $134 doesn't sound too bad to me. I remember when we had very few ITX options and most boards were in the $250 range. I'm glad to see this form factor starting to take off more.

This has more than a 15 day warranty

Ok, fine, buy a new one for $169 :D
It's still a better buy because it has more ram slots, more PCIe slots and would work better as a board for a boxen.
(For the record I'm not worried about flack on an open box policy. If the board is going to fail, it's going to fail within days of booting it up especially being a modern board with solid caps. It either works or it don't; not gonna crap out in 6 months unless I paired it with a shitty psu and a shitty surge protector/UPS [or lack thereof].)

Not to mention the price premium you'd pay for a good ITX case with adequate cooling to power such hardware, plus a powerful enough ITX psu.

Cute...but I'm going to have to choose function over form in this case.

Ok, fine, buy a new one for $169
That's what I did today.. ordered a brand new ASRock X58 Extreme. Been hearing way too many good things about it, and I've been recommending it along with their 4-slot board, so I figured I better try it myself. The $118 open box was tempting but I just couldn't do it. :rolleyes:

I got skeered mine wouldn't come with the IO plate :D but it came with everything except 3 SATA cables (which I don't care about). The risk paid off; I probably would have RMA'd it if it didn't have the IO plate, TBH.

Beautiful board man...beautiful board. First ASRock product I've ever bought and I'm very impressed. Very smartly placed headers...front panel, USB, FW all along the right side of the board along with the right angle SATA's and even a right angle IDE.

Mine's actually currently sitting on my dining room table on my K7B motherboard tray, i7+U12P SE2 and ram installed, waiting to shut down one of my systems to boot the board up and start running memtest. :)

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to say it's not badass to find such a tiny board with a lot of features.
I thought about going ITX before but I couldn't figure out how to effectively cool it (during the planning stages).

I mean no disrespect though...carry on :eek:

That is sick.

You could put 84 of those in a 42u rack. :eek:

I got skeered mine wouldn't come with the IO plate :D but it came with everything except 3 SATA cables (which I don't care about). The risk paid off; I probably would have RMA'd it if it didn't have the IO plate, TBH.

Beautiful board man...beautiful board. First ASRock product I've ever bought and I'm very impressed. Very smartly placed headers...front panel, USB, FW all along the right side of the board along with the right angle SATA's and even a right angle IDE.

Mine's actually currently sitting on my dining room table on my K7B motherboard tray, i7+U12P SE2 and ram installed, waiting to shut down one of my systems to boot the board up and start running memtest. :)

I got nervous as well--I had already purchased it, but then people were warning be because 1, it's an ASRock board, and 2, it's open box. However, for $118 (less than half the price of many X58s), it was a steal. It ended up coming with everything to my knowledge--even the 3 SATA cables! I've loved having it. While it may not be the best overclocker (Mine maxes out at 218BLK), it still is very decent. Just make sure to put a fan on motherboard heatsinks--just a simple fan will make the heatsinks warm instead of too hot to touch (I did get some problems with the CPU dropping to 12X multi instead of 21X, but this solved my problems).

I know MSI, ASUS and Gigabyte hasn't honored a board when purchased open box. tried on all of those boards myself.
Not true. I know GIGABYTE doesn't care. There's nothing in the Warranty Exclusions and they could care less about how it's acquired. I've RMAed and they didn't even ask where or how it was purchased. They only care about the S/N.
http://rma.gigabyte.us/DirectRMA/EndUser_Main.asp
GIGABYTE determines warranty based on the manufacture date. The manufacture date can be verified by the serial number found on the product. The first four digits after "SN" determine the year and week of manufacturing date. For example:

"4719331822101 SN082540084966" represents the 25th week of 2008

# Motherboards

o All motherboards (besides Micro ITX) carry a 3 year warranty.
Micro ITX motherboards carry only 15 months limited warranty.
Click Add New Request and see for yourself. It's that easy.

It doesn't look like ASUS cares either (I've read horror stories about their tech support, or lack thereof).

http://support.asus.com/repair/repair.aspx?no=201&SLanguage=en-us
Motherboard 3 Year
All ASUS motherboard purchased after November 1st, 1999 will carry 3 year warranty services. ASUS product warranty is based on the serial number printed.

Note: Warranty void for user removing serial number sticker on the motherboard .

The DFI P55 ITX looks cool but I wouldn't buy it. Not enough PCIe slots and its cramped. Would a Coolermaster 212+ fit in one of those systems? It's pretty big. 4Gbs of RAM is all we need for BIGADV WUs.

Last edited:
The DFI P55 ITX looks cool but I wouldn't buy it. Not enough PCIe slots and its cramped.
It's Mini-ITX. WTF? You can't blame if for being cramped.. that's the design spec. :p

Not true..

Really? If I had the boards I would ship them to you at cost.

Hey guys, this is to spotlight a product some of us can use. If you don't like it, why post negative remarks over and over? How many of us have purchased SLI/Crossfire boards, but never added a second GPU?

We should be supporting ideas for more ppd, not dismissing each others posts and not worth it. With the release of the i5 dual cores, we now have the making for a HTPC that can fold when not playing movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back