DFI NForce4 :D

layout looks awesome
except for the NB...and that molex in the middle of the board just above the NB...thats gonna be annoying for cable management for some people...the ATX connector and p4 connector are perfectly located though, at least for my case they are. the IDE connectors are perfect...ESPECIALLY if you only use the primary one...i wish i could find a board with the primary placed like that.

the two yellow things just below the NB which i assume are USB headers are also poorly placed...would be better off at the edge of the board.

but the thing i like most of all it

NO SERIAL AND PARALLEL PORTS!!!!!111!!!!11!!1!oneoneone!!!!11!!

they should have done this WAY sooner........anyone with an a64 system i can almsot gurantee does NOT have any parallel or serillel devices....they need to add a buttload more USB connectors on the back though

just my $0.02

im a bit confused...but the ULtra Nforce4 chipset is NOT a SLI chipset...but DFI's Ultra board has 2 PCIx 16x slots WTF???.....what is DXG(Dual Xpress Graphics)?

Dioretsa said:
Really? Rad!

Is it coming out soon, like with the nForce 4 boards? I don't want to upgrade my 9800 Pro.

No idea, but I assume the same timeframe. Check DFI-Street.com for more info.

[IMO]
basically the same socket 754 board, but for 939, nothing or near-nothing more.

I'm kinda surprised that they're releasing such a board at all, never mind so late in the party. But DFI definitely has more bean counters than I and those guys prolly double/triple-checked the beans they've counted and considered it to be a good investment.

It's their business to release a 939-agp and they know their business. At least I hope that they know it more than Abit :eek:
[/IMO]

That being said, I'm aiming for a brand new system, so PCIe/Venice/NF4 is the way to go for me. Ideally I want the x800XL, and hear word of their availability here and there. Hope it's not vaporware. I could always go out for a 6800GT, but 100 bucks is 100 bucks. I don't see company rep, performance differencess, and/or !!!!!!ism to justify such a gap.

NF4 Ultra-DR (or Ultra-D if those DR never show up) is the way to go imo. And I got that DXG to boot.

I(illa Bee said:
im a bit confused...but the ULtra Nforce4 chipset is NOT a SLI chipset...but DFI's Ultra board has 2 PCIx 16x slots WTF???.....what is DXG(Dual Xpress Graphics)?

Its a different implementation of SLI - still two cards running in parallel, however the mobo manufacturer has to implement its own version, rather than following NVIDIA's hardware SLI - I'm sure its compatible with NVIDIA's SLI drivers/software though.

MSI has something similar: http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD05NTc

I(illa Bee said:

DXG is like MSI's XLI, which, like some1 said, is the poor man's version of SLI. You'll see a performance hit, but then again, you may be able to run 2 ATI boards on it (didn't bother to check compatibility or how it really works)

Ok according to the ppl in the know (employees of DFI) there will be a s939 AGP sollution based on the nF3 chipset. This MoBo will be a Dual Channel version of the 250Gb more or less a few tweaks might occur (A_G @ dfi-street is hoping for upped DRam voltages)

There will be NO and can be NO nF4 AGP MoBos this is since the nF3 supports AGP and the nF4 does not...

This means that there CAN NEVER BE A nF4 AGP SOLUTION!!!

sorry about the screaming :D but I just wanted to put this in writhing once more for all the ppl who just bought their 9800Pros (U Lucky bastards I bought mine when it was new... costing a fortune and Ive given it to my brother in wait for my new computer)

they exist...unless you mean an AGP NF4..they dont exist..you are right

Decelerate said:
No idea, but I assume the same timeframe. Check DFI-Street.com for more info.

[IMO]
basically the same socket 754 board, but for 939, nothing or near-nothing more.

I'm kinda surprised that they're releasing such a board at all, never mind so late in the party. But DFI definitely has more bean counters than I and those guys prolly double/triple-checked the beans they've counted and considered it to be a good investment.

It's their business to release a 939-agp and they know their business. At least I hope that they know it more than Abit :eek:
[/IMO]

That being said, I'm aiming for a brand new system, so PCIe/Venice/NF4 is the way to go for me. Ideally I want the x800XL, and hear word of their availability here and there. Hope it's not vaporware. I could always go out for a 6800GT, but 100 bucks is 100 bucks. I don't see company rep, performance differencess, and/or !!!!!!ism to justify such a gap.

NF4 Ultra-DR (or Ultra-D if those DR never show up) is the way to go imo. And I got that DXG to boot.

Hey, when you order your system, mind getting 2 of each part and just using my adress? Really though, I am aiming at building that exact system. Thing is, I will have to wait and see whether the DFI board is better then the Asus A8N-E Premium, whichever one is, I will buy it, have no problem with either company.

Is it me or do these boards look like something you would see decorating Sesame Street?
I like the all yellow design of the Japanese model better.

sry for a stupid question but do u think there will be a DFI NF4 939 NON-SLI board

Frallan said:
Ok according to the ppl in the know (employees of DFI) there will be a s939 AGP sollution based on the nF3 chipset. This MoBo will be a Dual Channel version of the 250Gb more or less a few tweaks might occur (A_G @ dfi-street is hoping for upped DRam voltages)
AWESOME! i thought DFI wasnt gonna make a nf3 board!

:D:D

MrSlacker said:
yeah i saw that one but it has some Dual Xpress Graphics thing. i am only gonna have 1 card so i dont want 2 16x slots
u can use the x16 slots with shorter cards, eg. x1....right?

Well other than feature support you're not losing much by using the NF3, it's a good chipset - I'd go with it if I still had my X800 XT PE (long story, don't ask ;))

The SLI-DR appears to be a fantastic board, I'm all over that, but I just got in my 6800GT PCIe's and don't know how long I can wait to try them out - think anyone would buy a used A8N-SLI a month from now? :D

MrSlacker said:
yeah i saw that one but it has some Dual Xpress Graphics thing. i am only gonna have 1 card so i dont want 2 16x slots
It really doesn't matter, you don't HAVE to use both slots. It'll be like the Asus A8N SLI. You can set it to use one OR both slots depending on how many cards you have. Also don't concern yourself about the price differential. The price between an NF4 SLI and NF4 non-SLI is supposed to only be about $20-$40. DFI won't have a single slot design but MSI will. Their SLI version is here. If you're dead set on a single PCI-E graphic slot, maybe the MSI would fit the bill.

the thing is that i want to save as much money as i can. i dont want to pay extra $30 for a slot i am not going to use. unless there is something else i can put into a 16x slot.

MrSlacker said:
the thing is that i want to save as much money as i can. i dont want to pay extra $30 for a slot i am not going to use. unless there is something else i can put into a 16x slot.
I undertsand. Then a DFI board is not for you. Besides their boards are always higher since they include thing like UV cables and such. Took a good look at that MSI board.

thanks, that MSI board should be pretty good. it has all of the stuff i want. i am not going to really overclock so MSI should be good.

Back