DFI nForce2 Hot Spots...

jwill

2[H]4U
update: dropline added the ICS.

this was done by bork and Dropline over at the amdmb.com forums...
http://forums.amdmb.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2652303#post2652303

a big thanks to them. im posting here to help anyone out who wants to know where to put them sinks on your boards...

dfi-255-mhz-rilevamenti-temp.gif

HotSp2.jpg

if your worried, get fragtape or mix silicon paste with superglue and stick some oversized heatsinks of the mosfets.

I did too :rolleyes: MAYBE its morestable, but doubt it.

i had a great review on my other computer, give me like 10 minutes to see if i still have it... but i belive it is to the left of the upper PCI slot

Originally posted by Mr. Bill
This is actually for the LANPARTY but its the same layout

They put big heatsinks on the northbridge, southbridge, and the PLL!

Edit: I see you have Lanparty not the infinity... I'll be quiet now...
for the rev. a i see a small aluminum heatsink they put on what i think is the PLL chip to the left bottom of the dimm slots.

do you know where this PLL chip is on the rev b of the lanparty and infinity?

They have that funny washer cut up and glued to the chip to the left of the AGP slot.

thanks for the info. i plan to get an infinity nfii to replace my [dead] asus a7n8x deluxe. i have lan cards, so the dual lan on the lanparty doesn't justify the extra $$$. though the gigE and carrying strap almost do... i'll have to see how much my parents are willing to pay:D. need to make a new waterblock though so i don't kill a second mobo.

this ought to come in hand in the next week or two i think. (we'll see when report cards come out... could be good or bad for me)

edit: pll's usually say 'ICS' on them. that's the most common brand. look for a chip that says that, cool it, and see if it helps:D if not, try another one.

Back