• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DFI nf4 Ultra-D PSU?

Cyrilix

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
2,188
I'm thinking about getting a PSU for the nf4 Ultra-D board and I heard that it takes a native 24-pin PSU. I also see that sometimes people recommend OCZ Powerstream for the board, but isn't the OCZ Powerstream a 20-pin PSU that requires an adapter? On the specs sheet, it says that it's 20-pin for ATX but 24-pin for BTX...so I'm not sure exactly what that means and why it would be different.

That said, would the Neopower 480 be better or the OCZ Powerstream 520? I personally think the Powerstream 520W is better because of the adjustable rails and the fact that its voltage regulation spec is 1-2% whereas the Neopower is 3-5%. Any opinions on this?
 
The Powerstreams have a full 24-pin main, but the extra four pins just slip off for older legacy 20-pin setups.

Depends on what you want... modular interface or no?
 
Oh, I don't care about modular at all. I just want the best stability and I always thought that the Powerstreams were 20-pin, but if it's 24-pin, then I think it might be better.
 
Back
Top