• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DFI NF4 Ultra-D DC Stability?

CaptRingold

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
256
I read the review on the main page, and this had been the new board I was going to pick up for a new system, which will be in a room I don't happen to sleep in and thus will be doing DC of one form or another 24-7.. but now the review has me worried; will it falter after nine or twelve hours, crash, and corrupt the DC work?

Anybody have any experience with the board? The room it's going to be in runs around 78ºF, and it's going to have watercooling (not the greatest, passive silent setup, but watercooling none the less), so any experience would be great. Thanks
 
Hopefully someone has something on it, but it is a very new board isn't it? I noticed the note about stability also. Seems like another board might be the safer answer.
 
I tend to wait for at least the first or second BIOS revision before I buy a new board. By that time the crap is usually sorted out.
 
I just want to buy BillR old equipment. If he got to 1,000,000 points on his equipment, it would be just fine for me! :D

Did I mention 'cheap'?

Ciao for now .....
GwilyaGwees
 
BillR said:
I tend to wait for at least the first or second BIOS revision before I buy a new board. By that time the crap is usually sorted out.
BillR is right about waiting. I bought 2 diffrent boards before from different manufaturers and got them because they were the latest and greatest.
One board the made no model updates to....because it was crap...scrapped the line.
The other had many revisions to the model and finnaly got it sorted out in the lateter models.
Bleeding edge is not always the place to be. ;)
Both boards are well known and reviewed well....as far as benching goes....but they have no background or track records since they were new.
My 2 cents for you 2 chew on! :D


Thanks xENo!!!
 
Back
Top