DFI Lanparty Sata Port Discussion

joker_927

n00b
Ok, so a lot of people have been saying that certain SATA ports on DFI boards are not locked.

For someone who doesn't know, when a drive (in my case, two 200GB HDD's) is connected to an unlocked port it can cause severe data corruption. I remember trying to overclock my old 2500+ XP and I never realized why I kept having to reformat and install windows every two weeks. It was because my HDD was on an unlocked port.

Anyway, I have googled a lot trying to find the answer of whether the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D and the Ultra-D SLI have any unlocked SATA ports.

A lot of website state that other older DFI boards had some or all their sata ports unlocked, but no sites report about the Ultra-D.

I HAVE experienced data corruption, and thus I would really like to find out if the board has unlocked ports. I was to the point of calling the company to RMA the hdd.

So, does anyone have PROOF of an answer to this question?

From Angry_Games (a DFI employee) over at dfi-street.com:

Dear All

I have just posted FAQ about SATA frequency on LP NF4 series boards.

Question:

How do I fix SATA frequency at 100 in BIOS?

Answer:

SATA frequency will be raised synchronously with CPU core speed while over-clocking. SATA hard disk frequency is included in “PCI Express Frequency”. SATA hard disks might not be detected under such high frequency. Please fix the “PCI Express Frequency” at 100 in “Genie BIOS Settings” before over-clocking. SATA hard disks will be available for use again.

Back