DFI Lanparty NF4 board owners, how hot is your board running?

_Sin_

[H]ard|Gawd
NF4-D

The southbridge is coming up as 51c(doesnt seem right) for me. its right under the PCI-e 6800gt, not much I can do about that. Just wondering. Maybe temp 3 is something else..?

I do plan on modding the chip to full NF4 SLI Ultra, whatever, by removing the cooler/connecting a few leads so I can get the SLI + SATAII. will replace the heatpad/paste with some arctic silver ceramique, hopefully bring the temp down some.

No, that temperature is pretty normal for the chipset. Adding ASC is going to help some, but what helps even more is moving the graphics card, so it doesn't exhaust right on the chipset fan. It's not hard to do- set the six jumper blocks to pins 2 and 3, and move the graphics card to the other PCIE x16 slot. Voila! The chipset gets some breathing room.

Oh, Temp1= CPU, Temp2= PWM area, Temp3= Chipset.

Depends on the voltage for the chip set too. I bumped mine from 1.5 to 1.8V

Anyway, just wanted to put in my 2 cents that my chipset idles around 47 and max load if around 55C

I never thought of the video card thing. Will defenitely try that..

did the mod, moved the card to 2nd slot. temps went down a few C but not much, oh well.

_Sin_ said:
did the mod, moved the card to 2nd slot. temps went down a few C but not much, oh well.

any noticible performance lost when moving to that other slot?

nope scored about the same in 3dmark 05, I only ran one bench and played some bf2 at high settings and 4x AA. played just as smooth as it did pre-mod.

If your running more then 1.5V or 1.6V on the NB chipset then you shouldn't be because you dont need it. You can get the same overclock on stock voltage. Increasing the voltage to the chipset just increases temps. The NF4 chipset is also rated up to around 120C so i wouldn't worry about a measly 51C.

Back