DFI infinity initial impressions

Wrench00

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
3,423
Really nice board.. Full of features.

Today I had a chance to fart around with it.. I managed easily to hit 2.5 gihz at 1.375. I even managed to get my no name brand ram up to 500mhz ddr. I am a bit to unsure of pushing past 2.5 on a stock heatsink so I will hold out until my WC kit arrives..

I did hit 300 HTT easily on this board at a lower multiplier..

I abslutly adore the 2d with the ATI graphics my lapy with 6600go doesn't even come close.

Sound is quite good as well and the gigabit lan is a nice addition.

There are things that annoy me about the board..IE...Voltage doesn't display correctly

Any way final specs

Enermax 400watt liberty
DFI RS482
2 gigs of pc3200 ram
x2 3800
wd3200ks
Qpack

Waiting till the end of the month to pick up a new card.
 
Wrench00 said:
Really nice board.. Full of features..

You mention the sound being above par. Compared to what? Would you still reccomend purchasing a sound card, such as an X-FI Xtrememusic?
 
Ubermouser said:
You mention the sound being above par. Compared to what? Would you still reccomend purchasing a sound card, such as an X-FI Xtrememusic?


I don't think its anything close to Xfi but for an intergrated sound card its good. Makes my MP3's sound really good. Finnaly I can also use my 5.1 speakers.
 
Back
Top