DFI Infinity 965... Hrmmmm

Probably a couple of months from retail though ...
Meantime you have 2nd gen 965 mobos like the Commando, AB9 QuadGT, Gigabyte Rev.2.0s all doing well - DFI may have missed the boat.

Where in the capital "F" did this board come from?

I'll tell you exactly where: DFI, like several others, actually believed AMD was going to deliver something that would frag Conroe (name that AMD !!!!!!!), and was trying to ride it out on the promised AM2 socket compatibility (which I still say will never happen). They missed the first two rounds of Core 2 boards because of this. Looks like they are finally jumping on the Intel bandwagon. Welcome back to the light side, DFI.

I dont think it's a question at all that DFI missed the boat, that or picked the wrong boat. I would however like to see them be a viable option (a first mover option) in the future.
They still have some time to catch up, Yorktown I do believe should be socket 775. Any work on if a first round of Yorktown will also see DDR3 and such?

this should be a nice mb for over clocking . should have been here last summer: though.:eek:

i might pick one up though as i'm still building a few core-2's on the e-4300/4400 .

Back