Device "eth0" does not exist (in VM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
6,105
I've been able to continue my -bigadv where it left off, however the network apparently is dead in the VM.

If I make a new VM, the network works fine (it picks up an IP address).

The old one that ran on my old motherboard, that is now running on my new motherboard, is not picking up an IP address. (Obviously because it's a different motherboard.)

Any suggestions as to what I can do?
I've tried editing the VMX file including removing the old eth0 data, as well as typing netconfig into the VM after it loads (linuxrouter's VM) but after typing FAH as hostname I'm not sure what to put for domain.... I've tried switching to NAT (from bridged) and back again.

edit
LMAO
shoulda looked at Linuxrouter's page first
Moving the Virtual Machine

If you move the virtual machine and find that you cannot get the network connection to come up again, this should fix the issue:

rm /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
reboot

Fixed it myself. :D
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top