Development to Production server problems

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
So I am finally moving a website over to the production server the client purchased through SiteGround.

This is the development server I used: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~jmabrito/aj/index.html
Here is the production server being used: http://axle-tru.com/index.html

As you can see there is color disorientation on the sides of the white body and after the shadows. Anyone know why the production server would be causing this. Running the site locally and on the development server did not show this, which is leaving me to think its the production server.

What? They look identical here. Did the stylesheets and everything get copied over properly?

What? They look identical here. Did the stylesheets and everything get copied over properly?

Hmmm thats what other people are saying.... maybe its my end.

Oh yeah, notice this is the networking forum. Sry, just natural habit in going here instead of the web design forum.

Everyone I asked has said they look exactly the same. Only thing I can think of its my connection that is screwing it up somehow. I am tethered into my Droid until Comcast comes out. Makes no sense, but really the only thing that can cause this if its working for everyone else I think.

Identical here. Also might want to consider marking up and validating in 1.0 Strict or even 1.1, you'll thank yourself when HTML5 gains greater usage. Not a huge difference between transitional but you get taught a couple extra proper practices.

Edit: Also, post a screenshot of what you're seeing.

See where the red arrows are there, the color is a little messed up? Or am I going crazy and seeing things?

I see what you're pointing to, and I do see the discoloration in your picture.

But, when I load up both pages in IE8, that color distortion is not there.

The only difference I get is in the font of the body.

Hmmm IE8 works fine on my end as well, but Firefox and Chrome do not. However the development server I used does not show it across all three browsers. WTF!!!!! :mad::mad:

Loaded it up in firefox, only difference I get is the font is smaller on the production site vs. the dev. site.

Yeah just loaded it up at work and everything is fine. No idea but whatever going to ignore it if its working everywhere else.

Yeah just loaded it up at work and everything is fine. No idea but whatever going to ignore it if its working everywhere else.

looks good on my end, the only difference i see when using Chrome, from one link to the other is the text is bold and not bold

I'm using IE8 and the font looks different and the orange on the first logo looks slightly lighter when compared side to side.

See where the red arrows are there, the color is a little messed up? Or am I going crazy and seeing things?

Maybe his background is a gradient instead of a wash?
Both looks the same to me to be honest, the difference is so small, the fonts of the sites are different but the layouts seem the same in IE9, Firefox, and Chrome for me.

Back