Developer showdown..

I am shocked at the early upset Terminal reality is pulling over Turbine.

Agreed that this is Valve's tourney to loose.

Kojima vs Team Ico what a bitching choice to have to make :(.

DICE lost to Ubisoft Montreal, not too many surprises elsewhere.

I can see Bioware, Bethesda, Blizzard and Valve getting to the semis.

I'm calling it NOW:

Valve beats Blizzard in Round 6

Valve_107636.jpg

Wont be long before valve releases a steam update telling people to go vote for them. They did it for gordan freeman on gamefaqs!

Bullfrog would ace these guys, if they were still around :(

Ah yes, the mighty Bullfrog. Simply mentioning the name brings back so many great memories.... Magic Carpet, Dungeon Keeper, Populous, Powermonger... the late nights - the sun coming up in the morning!

What the hell is Zynga?

Edit: The Bungie vs Blizzard poll is onesided. Too many young children voting for Blizzard due to WoW. No one remembers the great games Bungie has released other then Halo.

Last edited:
What the hell is Zynga?

Edit: The Bungie vs Blizzard poll is onesided. Too many young children voting for Blizzard due to WoW. No one remembers the great games Bungie has released other then Halo.

Wut...
Sure they made some great games but there's no way they can beat the Warcraft serie, Diablo serie and Starcraft.

No way.

Wont be long before valve releases a steam update telling people to go vote for them. They did it for gordan freeman on gamefaqs!

And then watch Blizzard do it on their WoW loader too, haha.

What the hell is Zynga?

For better or worse, that's the franchise they're known for, just like Blizzard is known for WoW more-so than Starcraft or Diablo these days. And there's no shortage of young children on either side of the developer fence with Halo vs WoW. So that part doesn't matter.

It's 13 year old Halo kids screaming racial slurs over voice in Halo vs Level 12 Blood Elf Paladins and Level 13 Night Elf Hunters begging for gold in whispers.

Does this contest have any validity when Ubisoft made it past round 1? They shouldn't have even been entered into it.

Does this contest have any validity when Ubisoft made it past round 1? They shouldn't have even been entered into it.

It's a fan contest, so...?

The funny thing is that Zynga beat Infinity Ward. What that translates into is Farmville beat Modern Warfare 2. I can live with that :D

No id Software??? What is this, a battle for second place?

I think they want people voting based on slightly more recent titles. What's the last thing id Software actually did? Quake 3? Raven did Quake 4 and I can't remember who did QW:ET.

I think they want people voting based on slightly more recent titles. What's the last thing id Software actually did? Quake 3? Raven did Quake 4 and I can't remember who did QW:ET.

Doom 3, but I see your point.

Also, it strikes me that it's largely a contest for Console/Casual gamers. The fact that Zynga is on there tells me they aren't really doing this for (core)PC gamers. I doubt your average console player even knows who id Software is. Sad, I know. Hopefully Doom4 and Rage are both really good.

It's a fan contest, so...?

The funny thing is that Zynga beat Infinity Ward. What that translates into is Farmville beat Modern Warfare 2. I can live with that :D

Probably more of a protest vote rather than voters actually voting for Zynga's games

Probably more of a protest vote rather than voters actually voting for Zynga's games

Perhaps you're not aware of how many people play Farmville, Yoville, Mafia Wars, etc? There's a lot. Millions. Easily enough that if they start posting about this contest on their Facebook pages, we could see Zynga win the whole damn thing. I'm talking "The Sims" level of fans.

Perhaps you're not aware of how many people play Farmville, Yoville, Mafia Wars, etc? There's a lot. Millions. Easily enough that if they start posting about this contest on their Facebook pages, we could see Zynga win the whole damn thing. I'm talking "The Sims" level of fans.

Forgive my ignorance but I've never heard of any of those!

All zynga would have to do is put crap in their game you get for free with a vote. "Get a free special edition egg in farmville", "get 10 godfather points in mafia wars" etc. They would win for sure if they did something like that.

Quarters

Valve vs Bethesda Softworks
Square Enix vs Zynga
BioWare vs Relic
&
Nintendo vs Blizzard

Valve are currently stomping on Bethesda and Blizzard are wiping the floor with Nintendo

Zynga beat square and is currently handling Rockstar North with ease.

Zynga wins the whole thing. You read it here first.

This just further reinforces my lack of faith in the human race. How Square lost to Zynga, whoever the fuck they are, I have no idea.

Zynga moves on to the next round to face Valve. Guys, it's time to vote if you haven't been, because I think Zynga is about to show Valve the power of the casual gamer :p

How the hell do these casual browser gamers even know the developer who makes their games, let alone care to vote for something like this? With that said, i'm surprised they made it as far as they did. I sense a rigged battle(facebook has advertising in the site).

Anyways Round 6 will look something like this Valve > Bioware

There must be some some facebook propaganda going on right now. Maybe, as you log on, you get a message from your friend... or some bozo telling you to vote for Zynga, the makers of your silly game farmville. There is no other way.

Quite frankly the entire north division was filled with developers who either were good and are now hated (IW) or simply shit developers. I don't think Zynga has a chance against Valve.

Back