Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Launch Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
I am a fan of the Deus Ex franchise so it should come as no surprise that I am really looking forward to the latest installment. There aren't really any reviews out yet but, based on my past experience with these games, I think I'm going to go ahead and pick this one up. What about you? Pre-order? Day one? Waiting until it's out a week or so?

d60.jpg

Reactions: chenw
like this
Don't know if I'll be able to afford it right away. May have to start saving up and get a GOTY edition.

GOTY is probably the better choice. But what evs, it's been a while since I've been excited about a game release, so I'm jumping.... in fact I've been in the air this whole time.

Got in on the GMG 40% off for 35.99 in the short time it was up. Can't wait for this game!

I couldn't help myself. Despite the fact that compared to the original human revolution was a weak shadow. It's still one of the best game franchises available today.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe Edition £48.74

Waiting for steam sale. Yes I like what I see and want it but still playing through other games and will wait for a couple patches to bring it up to speed. I guess my main reason is that I have not yet purchased my 1070 still waiting for those prices to drop to normal, this game probably deserves better than my 660Ti can give it.

I've been looking forward to this. I don't buy many games these days but like others I'll be waiting a few weeks for patches. Let's see how a GTX670 will handle it. LOL

Wow......this DOES look good...I think I might pick it up after I finish my run through with No Mans Sky, which should be right after I finish Fallout 4, which should be after I finish DOOM....lol

Two words: Invisible War

Two more words: The Fall

I'll wait and see.

Invisible war is a great game. It had some performance / graphics issues upon release, but the game itself was solid. OK, it also had the problem of cut up maps cause of consolitis. I still liked it more than Human Revolution.

Invisible war is a great game. It had some performance / graphics issues upon release, but the game itself was solid. OK, it also had the problem of cut up maps cause of consolitis. I still liked it more than Human Revolution.

I wouldn't call Invisible War "great". It could have been. They could have at least un-gimped the PC version to avoid loading a new map every 100 yards. I played it for the sake of completeness and I'm glad I didn't spend more than $7 on it.

I really enjoyed Human Revolution; I thought it was more faithful to the feel and gameplay of the original. I'll probably replay that when I'm done with Witcher 3 then check out Mankind Divided.

Preloaded and ready to go on the 23rd.

Early reviews for the most part (that I read while at work) seem positive.

Reviews are pretty good so far, a couple of pre-launch glitches but nothing game breaking. No DX12 yet.

I haven't played Human Revolution yet, it's on my Steam backlog. Maybe I play it first instead of plunking down $60 for the new one..... Reviews are saying the games are pretty similar with some slightly upgraded graphics.

Ugh how will I justify a new GTX 1070 if all these damn games keep coming out that are console ports and will do 60+ fps on my 970?

Reviews are pretty good so far, a couple of pre-launch glitches but nothing game breaking. No DX12 yet.

I haven't played Human Revolution yet, it's on my Steam backlog. Maybe I play it first instead of plunking down $60 for the new one..... Reviews are saying the games are pretty similar with some slightly upgraded graphics.

Ugh how will I justify a new GTX 1070 if all these damn games keep coming out that are console ports and will do 60+ fps on my 970?

HR is worth playing before MD. MD apparently has a summery of what happened but HR is really really good.

You justify it by buying a 1440p or 1440 ultrawide monitor. Especially one of the higher refresh rate ones, that will give the 1070 a nice workout.

Edit: I'm an idiot and for some reason put resolution instead of refresh rate.

Last edited:
It's almost time for Adam "Haymaker" Jenson to ride again

If I could punch it, it probably got the shit punched out of it in HR. The biggest mystery wasn't so much shadows pulling strings behind the scenes but why the fuck so many people were waking up in a gutter / vent with missing teeth.

Entire police department? Check.
Everyone inside the nightclub? Better fucking believe it.
Apartment complex? God damn right. And I stole their refrigerators.

One hand for cramming nature's valley bars down my robo-gullet, one hand for breaking jaws.
The Jenson way.

It's almost time for Adam "Haymaker" Jenson to ride again

If I could punch it, it probably got the shit punched out of it in HR. The biggest mystery wasn't so much shadows pulling strings behind the scenes but why the fuck so many people were waking up in a gutter / vent with missing teeth.

Entire police department? Check.
Everyone inside the nightclub? Better fucking believe it.
Apartment complex? God damn right. And I stole their refrigerators.

One hand for cramming nature's valley bars down my robo-gullet, one hand for breaking jaws.
The Jenson way.

It is way too fun to knock people out in HR. Or throw heavy boxes, crates, fidges, vending machines, anything else I can lift at them.

I wouldn't call Invisible War "great". It could have been. They could have at least un-gimped the PC version to avoid loading a new map every 100 yards. I played it for the sake of completeness and I'm glad I didn't spend more than $7 on it.

I really enjoyed Human Revolution; I thought it was more faithful to the feel and gameplay of the original. I'll probably replay that when I'm done with Witcher 3 then check out Mankind Divided.

Yes IW had a different feel than the original. But that didn't make it bad.

The problem with HR that they made it a bit too faithful to the original. They took everything that made the original great, and made those aspects so in your face style that it killed off all the joy of discovering things, and it become so blatant, that it was borderline ridiculous sometimes. Like the vent that goes from one side of the laser fence to the other side and nowhere else. Like the fact that most maps were designed in such a way, that the secret entrance / route gave you more direct access, than the front door. Basically making the front door useless for anything. In the original you infiltrated buildings trough a secret way, but after clearing the area using the front door to travel was much more convenient like it should be. In DXHr it's the opposite. You can't use the front door because it takes you trough a five minute maze, compared to the not-so-secret secret route, where you can get to the same place in 30 seconds.

Back