Deus Ex: Invisible War, sad endind(s)

MISMCSA

2[H]4U
After several years, I finally played and beat invisible war. All the endings were real disappointing. It appeared the writers got tired and decided to half ass warp up the stories. Just terribly disappointed :( .

Makes me wonder about the upcoming one.

If it's any consolation, that's what they did in the first one, too :p

No. One of the endings of the first one is one of my favorite endings of all games of all times. It's the quote that goes up onscreen that makes it amazing.

No. One of the endings of the first one is one of my favorite endings of all games of all times. It's the quote that goes up onscreen that makes it amazing.
Oh, I mean in the regard that it seems like they just shoehorned an ending in. None of your choices mattered except the last one!

"The End"?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Quake 2 ended exactly this way, and 13 years later I'm still disappointed.

Yes, I was fairly intrigued for most of the game.

That's surprising. I mean, to each their own, but coming from Deus Ex (and having those level of expectations at the time), just playing the first few levels of IW were very disappointing and effectively killed my hope that the game would get better/end well. I guess if I were to play the game now, knowing that it's supposed to be so much worse than the original, I'd expect less and be less disappointed.

I too enjoyed the game for the most part. Personally, I thought there was kind of lesson there in the endings. It's hard for one person (you the player in the final stage) to properly decide a course for all of humanity. There's far too many factors and unforeseeable consequences to consider. That's how I chalked it up, anyways.

I liked how there was no blatantly "good ending", and how most of the endings left you with you doubts at the very least.

Back