Deus Ex Cover system

Bohica69

Gawd
I picked up DE:HR on sale the other day and tried it out, it's ok, and I think I will like it - I loved the original game, but is there some way to turn off the third person switch when your in cover? If I wanted to play Gears of War I'd fire up my 360. I don't mind being able to get into cover, but the third person view just ruins it for me.

99 percent sure it can't be done unless there's some wild ass hack I've never seen before.

You can make the cover be a toggle instead of holding the button down.

To me I honestly thought the cover system was one of the best, and added a perfect transition from first person, so sneaking 3rd person. I hope more games do a cover system like that for pc games.

But thats my opinion.

I enjoyed the cover system in Deus Ex. Normally I hate all things that remind me of consolitis, but this one was done right.

Also, being able to safety dance while baddies are actively looking for you is always fun.

The DXHR cover system was a bit wonky, where if you were "in cover" you would be hidden from baddies who would otherwise see you if you were simply crouched in the exact same spot (the ends of long waist-high countertops were the primary offenders here). But other than that it was a pretty satisfying implimentation.

But anyway yeah, you might as well just get used to crouching manually. It's 90% as effective, though you won't be able to look over and around cover to see where the baddies are coming at you from.

I picked up DE:HR on sale the other day and tried it out, it's ok, and I think I will like it - I loved the original game, but is there some way to turn off the third person switch when your in cover? If I wanted to play Gears of War I'd fire up my 360. I don't mind being able to get into cover, but the third person view just ruins it for me.

Well, you could just stand next to the wall.

Back