Determining MP3 CD Rip Settings in Easy CD-DA Extractor

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
I have an _old_ version of Easy CD-DA Extractor (4.5.1) that I purchased from Poikosoft a long time ago. I've recently started using Windows Vista more and that version of Easy CD-DA isn't supported (it makes Windows API calls that no longer work).

So, I'm looking for recommendations on Windows Vista-compatible (free, preferably) CD ripping tools. I'm totally fine with ripping to .WAV and then using a secondary encoder if that's the best route. I just need it to be easy and GUI-intuitive since this will be the route my non-technical wife uses as well.

Also, if anyone is familiar with Easy CD-DA, I've ripped in the past with the MP3 192/Kbps (High Quality) output setting. Is there any way to determine which settings "High Quality" throws at the encoder versus the standard 192/Kbps setting?

Exact Audio Copy with LAME encoder. Works perfectly in Vista.

Can't help on the settings for CDDA though. I used it way back when, but don't remember too much about it.

Used the prog a whle back but don't remember much. The difference in the two settings could be whether it's using VBR or CBR. As for an alternative....what the guy up top said.

Back