Destruction Training - Oblivion

I have destruction as one of my Major Skills, and i have the skill level at 37 which still makes me an apprentice, but Ive been trying to find people to train me, and everyone that the players guide says trains destruction, when i talk to them, there is no option to have them train me ? whats up with that ? lol

oh, ive played this game since it came out, and ive never noticed this lol I already trained 5 times so I gues I have to wait til I level up again ! thanks for the link bro

I like using the drain skill trick. Make a spell to drain your skill to near zero and watch the skill go up quick when you train it. Or was that only with Morrowind?

I've never understood Training in Oblivion. It's generally way more expensive than it is worth, not to mention the limit on how many times you can use it. If you want to work on Destro without paying much, just go to the University and make a 1-mana self-targetted spell and cast it when you're not busy. Skill progression doesn't take into account the cost of the spell (unless you use a mod like Magicka Based Skill Progression) so it will go up just as fast as if you were using it in battle.

I've never understood Training in Oblivion. It's generally way more expensive than it is worth, not to mention the limit on how many times you can use it. If you want to work on Destro without paying much, just go to the University and make a 1-mana self-targetted spell and cast it when you're not busy. Skill progression doesn't take into account the cost of the spell (unless you use a mod like Magicka Based Skill Progression) so it will go up just as fast as if you were using it in battle.

Most skills in Oblivion train with use. You could do the trick of mapping something to spacebar, putting a stapler on that key, and then go to school/work/sleep LOL. When you come back, you are an expert! Even works with sneak. Go into a place where someone is sleep and put a weight on your "W" key. Constantly sneak walk into the wall next to them. Your sneak will go up astronomically.

i think i just made some sort of drain or self damaging skill. hurt myself little by little then slept until healed. i think.. lol

I would jump around casting spells when going through the wilderness, in between easy wolf encounters.

Most skills in Oblivion train with use. You could do the trick of mapping something to spacebar, putting a stapler on that key, and then go to school/work/sleep LOL. When you come back, you are an expert! Even works with sneak. Go into a place where someone is sleep and put a weight on your "W" key. Constantly sneak walk into the wall next to them. Your sneak will go up astronomically.

Swimming increased athletics faster. BTW, you can press the autorun/walk key to save your keyboard. But then I found the cheating worked easier. :p

i think i just made some sort of drain or self damaging skill. hurt myself little by little then slept until healed. i think.. lol

Sounds about right, craft a 1 dmg self-affecting spell and just spam it.

man i've played oblivion so much and never made it to the university... which means i never knew you could craft spells in that game >__________________________________________> wow

i always rolled around looking for spell to buy lol

Back