Destroyer knockoff

Look at these two products,

Destroyer from Rosewill

Now the HEC Blitz

If the HEC is the same, then by all means it might have the same decent build quality of the destroyer, but yeah, both are cheap cases if you just want to mangle a gaming rig together.

Anyone else notice clones like this all the time?:p

It's not necessarily a knock off there are a lot of companies who re-brand products, but add their own finishing touches to them.

HEC is a manufacturer from China that makes a lot of cases and power supplies. They're also known as CompuCase.

Rosewill is Newegg's house brand - so if I had to guess, I'd say Newegg likely bought the design from HEC and re-branded it to Rosewill.

That's neat, I'd guess thats a good way to find cheaper versions of somewhat the same thing if you had to.

Yeah, 99% of everything is made in China nowadays

Find the chinaman over there who makes the entire product line with his 12 year old kids, and you can get an OEM version of almost anything made of cheap metal or plastic for dirt cheap :p

Case designs on the budget end typically bear a strong resemblance with each other because of relatively few OEMs that produce them. I have the HEC Blitz and for a cheapo case, it's not too shabby.

* quasi new to hardocp. lost my login and email from ~10 years ago.

Last edited:
There is another case(s) that share the same insides and everything and the outside is the only thing that looks semi different. It was the Rosewill Challenger and another case from NZXT I think, there may have actually been a third brand that used the same design but I forget who it was.
At any rate, this has happened before and will happen again...

Ya with a lot of these oems being based in China if you look at enough cases you'll see the same interiors with different outsides and whatnot. Happens quite a bit actually.

Back