Destiny Alpha

The game is fun, but some of the decisions are fucking retarded with PVP.

Tank is literally as fast as the bike. Except it's a fucking tank. If you get it and are not retarded, you've won the game.

Hunter has the best movement for PVP in the game. Double jump is just flat out better than a jetpack that moves you at half the speed.

The autoaim is fucking nuts. You literally just have to get your crosshair vaguely over them and the game will track them almost perfectly from that point on. Everyone including you is hilariously accurate, if you're shooting at or getting shot at, the bullets are likely hitting. Why can the auto aim track someone moving at running speed all on its own? It's not assisting shit, it's actually doing it for you.

I think my biggest gripe with the game is the 30fps. My god, I wouldn't mind it if they had to lower some details to hit 60fps because the movement in the game makes shooting so crappy, just like in Killzone.

I have an extra key

Meh here T_L_H_2_G_M_N_8_A_R_T_B

Last edited:
Oh holy shit.. It's still active. Thanks guy. I will be downloading as soon as i get home.

I don't see how they couldn't go 60fps on the new consoles, with a cross gen game.
I gave this a few hours last night, can't do that frame rate. The cross gen is definitely showing in the barren environments, its so empty.
This won't stand next to Planetside 2 like this. Especially when PS2 being 1080p 60fps.
I will probably try it again today...

I have had fun playing the alpha, but is this what 'Next Gen' is all about? The graphics still look 'Last Gen' to me. Every time I go from PC to console I have to give it about 10 minutes before I stop noticing the horrible graphics in comparison. This usually subsides and I am immersed into the gameplay, unfortunately this just hasn't happened yet for me while playing Destiny...

I am at level 8 currently and still feel like Borderlands 1/2 is a better FPSMMORPG. One aspect that was done better in BL is the open world. Destiny feels very linear in many sections of this 'alpha.' Second guessing a preorder.

I have had fun playing the alpha, but is this what 'Next Gen' is all about? The graphics still look 'Last Gen' to me. Every time I go from PC to console I have to give it about 10 minutes before I stop noticing the horrible graphics in comparison. This usually subsides and I am immersed into the gameplay, unfortunately this just hasn't happened yet for me while playing Destiny...

I am at level 8 currently and still feel like Borderlands 1/2 is a better FPSMMORPG. One aspect that was done better in BL is the open world. Destiny feels very linear in many sections of this 'alpha.' Second guessing a preorder.

Destiny isn't a next gen game to me. Most of the development has been done for PS3 and XBox 360.

Still looks like great fun to me though.

Planetside 2 has a huge learning curve, I don't expect a lot of PS4 players to really play a lot of it.

How's the sound? All the teasers and trailers seem pretty lifeless to me (sound only), I was expecting epic Halo like music.

Destiny isn't a next gen game to me. Most of the development has been done for PS3 and XBox 360.

Still looks like great fun to me though.

Planetside 2 has a huge learning curve, I don't expect a lot of PS4 players to really play a lot of it.

Yeah not sure how many PS2 players will actually pick up. I hope quite a few just to see SOE become successful with it on consoles. The more tactical team based games the better!

How's the sound? All the teasers and trailers seem pretty lifeless to me (sound only), I was expecting epic Halo like music.

The sound is actually pretty well done. From what minimal music and effects I got to hear in Alpha, it definitely 'felt' epic.

Is this gameplay test, MP only? I'm wondering if the SP side will be worth the money (since I hightly doubt I'd touch MP at all).

Sony will be milking both sides of the Cow with Planetside and this.
Can't say I was blown away by destiny.

Is this gameplay test, MP only? I'm wondering if the SP side will be worth the money (since I hightly doubt I'd touch MP at all).

I went into the Alpha by myself. I don't know if that tells you anything but none of my friends was around and I was able to go solo.

Sony will be milking both sides of the Cow with Planetside and this.
Can't say I was blown away by destiny.

It's not a Sony exclusive.

Nice game. It was in pretty solid shape for an Alpha. It really doesn't bring anything new to the table but it has potential to be a very solid console MMOFPS.

I'd rather play this game with a KBM but that's just my preference for FPS. It's a good looking console game but I have a hard time also calling this next gen. Granted I'm spoiled by the PC but still. What I saw could run on the PS3 and 360 no problems as far as I'm concerned.

Some of the music got my attention. Sound effects were flat and non distinct. Again it's an alpha so I'm not really putting much on it.

I agree.

I don't see how they couldn't go 60fps on the new consoles, with a cross gen game.
I gave this a few hours last night, can't do that frame rate. The cross gen is definitely showing in the barren environments, its so empty.
This won't stand next to Planetside 2 like this. Especially when PS3 being 1080p 60fps.
I will probably try it again today...

I agree with this as well. Planetside 2 is going to be a tough act to follow for this kind of game and especially on the consoles.

Played this game quite a bit this weekend and got all three guardians to level 8. Hunter is my favorite so far as the others seemed fairly weak in comparison at the same level, but I'm thinking things will change at max level. I've enjoyed this more than Borderlands and really enjoy the PvP aspect as well, has a huge Halo vibe to it. It has huge potential in both the PvE and PvP department. Probably one of the better games I've played in the past couple years IMO. Looking forward to the beta in a month!

I went into the Alpha by myself. I don't know if that tells you anything but none of my friends was around and I was able to go solo.

Nice! Is there any way to get into it now or have I missed out? I think I did sign up for it a long time ago, but I'm not sure how much that counts to Bungie.

I am a PC gaming elitist who will be playing Destiny on the PS4 because I was completely blown away by it. The alpha was stunning and I am looking forward to the beta. To me it is a perfect mix of Halo, Borderlands, and what Firefall is trying to be.

I call BS. I highly doubt the PS4 couldn't handle the 60fps for this game. XB1 probably not, but PS4 should be capable of more than 30fps.

So Bungie said that the reason 60fps isnt on PS4/XOne is because they need to sync all versions together for online play. So basically the cross-gen is holding the game back. SMH....
http://gamingbolt.com/bungie-explains-why-destiny-is-not-60fps-on-the-ps4-and-xbox-one

I didn't think there was going to be crossplatform play between the different versions (that would be terribly cool if it's true). Either way, it does seem to be a bit of a cop out, but understandable as they're a 3rd party developer now and need to build a multiplatform game and not custom tuned to one platform.

Still, you've got to wonder if there are some background politics that are in play affecting development decisions.

The graphics to me felt like it was held back quite a bit on both the One and PS4. It's not a huge problem and it was fun but it just reminds me of Ghosts. (1080p upgrade and that's it).

I would imagine they could expand it overtime with updates because it's going to look severely dated after only a year.

Back