Destiny 2 PC Rumors

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew over at Blue's News rounded up all the recent Destiny 2 PC rumors and put them all in one easy to access location for your viewing pleasure. What do you think? Would you jump on the Destiny bandwagon if it came to the PC?

This started off with a post on NeoGAF saying this news was spied on laptops by a friend from Activision, and that High Moon and Vicarious Visions are involved. The rest of this comes from Kotaku, where they say this jibes with rumors they heard a few weeks ago about Bungie's plans. That article goes on to give more purported details about the unconfirmed project, and says it is coming towards the end of next year.

I only played the shipping version and found it to be boring, but people say it has improved a ton. If the 2nd one were to come to PC I'd probably revisit it. I like the world/lore but the game itself felt hollow.

I only played the shipping version and found it to be boring, but people say it has improved a ton. If the 2nd one were to come to PC I'd probably revisit it. I like the world/lore but the game itself felt hollow.

The gameplay was super fun for me, grabbed the latest dlc and am starting that. The story was just pathetic and I think pac-man had more of a plot. Kind of just a fun game to run around shooting things, the feel of it kind of has that marvel avenger feel to it as you hop around blasting enemies.

One of the reason I ended up getting a PS4 was to play Destiny. I am not really a fan a shooters with a controller but I do have a lot of fun playing Destiny. I think being able to play with a keyboard and mouse on my PC would make Destiny 2 that much more enjoyable.

I played a bit of it at a friends house around when it first came out and it was meh. Played a bit here lately with the updates and it was pretty nice. If I don't have to shell out for a console I don't really want/need and it'll work on my PC I'll give it a chance. Heck I would've been willing to play the original on PC, but they adamantly refused to even try making it apparently because of having to deal with older console limitations meaning it'd be either an entire rebuild or a very crappy port.

Well i really wanted to play this game but only have a PC. so having the sequel on pc would be nice.

It wouldn't make much sense to make a sequel to the pc but not the first one.

Anyway from what I heard the game was not very good, boring, tedious, and incomplete. So I don't care about it. If it is windows store then I double don't care.

Regardless of anything else: If part 1 had come to the PC...and it really should have... it would have performed well. I think it still would if they shocked everyone and came out of nowhere with a Destiny Gold Version for the PC this Christmas for $50 or some such.

Bungie needlessly missed the boat.

If they do a part 2 and it comes out on all the platforms, unless they really botch something, it will definitely perform well.

I wanted to like destiny, I bought it when I had a 360 and was getting an Xbox one so getting the digital version made sense seeing as at the time when you bought digital for one you got the other for free.

My biggest issue was the story. People say it had no story, not true. It's major problem was every time it started to go somewhere it abruptly started a new one without finishing the old one.

For example, you start out on earth investigating the bad guys (don't remember names at this point) and why they have been so active in this area all of a sudden. At the end you find out that Raspmutain, an old earth war ai from before the Fallout in Russia was still active even though everyone thought all the old earth ai systems were lost during the battle. Then you find out it's communicating with something out in space. So you go to the moon to see what's up. And start another storyline that has nothing to do with Raspmutain. It's like "woah, it's still working? What is it doing? Why are they trying to get to it so badly? Hey look, a moon rock!"

Game was definitely squirrel brained.

Wow, I'm not really shocked, but there are a lot of Destiny haters here. For what it's worth, the game is incredibly fun (IMO). Yes it's story is not the best, but I don't care when the PVE and PVP are both fun in their own ways. Having Destiny 2 on PC is a major plus for me as well, but even if it doesn't come to PC, I'd still pick it up on PS4.

If it comes to the PC, hopefully, the PVE stuff can be crossplatform. I would like to not have to own consoles anymore to play with my friends. I don't see PVE being a big deal to include that feature on, though I can understand why they wouldn't want PVP to have crossplatform.

However, I know it's all a pipedream. Destiny is buggy, and the likelihood them allowing such high variables would increase the bugs. SO...it'll never be. :(

They sold an assload of ps3/360 ports the first time around, so now they need pc to make up for that lost market. Not complaining since I'm actually looking forward to native k+m support this time around after merely tolerating the xim4 because anything is better than using a controller for a fps. I just wish they had used the first Destiny to work out the pc kinks, I'm sure the sequel is going to be a huge learning experience for these guys but if the game is actually good, then im looking forward to the long bumpy road ahead.

Oh, I expect locked frames, resolution issues, and various things being locked out. It ain't going to be a pretty launch for Destiny 2 on PC.

Sure, my issue in the first place was that most of my friends are PC gamers and I only had 2 friends to play with on the PS4. So its a huge YES for me.

I was stupid enough to buy the first game, not going to make that error again. At least it sounds like they learned what a story is from what I hear. Now to just fix their pricing.

While I will say that I enjoyed playing the game, I will also say that it's the only game I can recall that took away content that was included in the original if you did not buy the expansion packs. That, to me, is unforgivable.

While I will say that I enjoyed playing the game, I will also say that it's the only game I can recall that took away content that was included in the original if you did not buy the expansion packs. That, to me, is unforgivable.

It's no so much that they took content away, you've just been locked out of the nightfall strikes and other various things which are the natural progression for leveling your characters. If people don't buy the expansion(s), then they are stuck to the old activities at the old levels, which from a developer's point of view makes sense. Not saying it's not lame or that I agree with it, just that I understand it. Also, if you'd enjoyed this game as much as I have, then the expansions seem fairly cheap for the amount of enjoyment and playtime, but to each his or her own (I suppose).

It's no so much that they took content away, you've just been locked out of the nightfall strikes and other various things which are the natural progression for leveling your characters. If people don't buy the expansion(s), then they are stuck to the old activities at the old levels, which from a developer's point of view makes sense. Not saying it's not lame or that I agree with it, just that I understand it. Also, if you'd enjoyed this game as much as I have, then the expansions seem fairly cheap for the amount of enjoyment and playtime, but to each his or her own (I suppose).

I have to agree. I haven't touched the game since the second week of its release but I could understand and actually kind of expected that with me not buying the expansions that my ability to play the game would have been degraded. That is why I never bothered to log in and see if anything changed at the base level since I haven't paid the $200+ for all the DLC that has been released. I just assumed that once DLC was released that all previous versions would be broken and no longer accessible to play since they are going to make everything revolve around the current version. I thought that was how WOW works, you either buy the expansion pack or you stop playing the game. I will say it is interesting to see people's opinion of the cost of DLC / expansions for this game vs other games. But to each their own.

I have to agree. I haven't touched the game since the second week of its release but I could understand and actually kind of expected that with me not buying the expansions that my ability to play the game would have been degraded. That is why I never bothered to log in and see if anything changed at the base level since I haven't paid the $200+ for all the DLC that has been released. I just assumed that once DLC was released that all previous versions would be broken and no longer accessible to play since they are going to make everything revolve around the current version. I thought that was how WOW works, you either buy the expansion pack or you stop playing the game. I will say it is interesting to see people's opinion of the cost of DLC / expansions for this game vs other games. But to each their own.

With that being said, I'd say that $58.99 for the game and all DLCs to get someone like you up to speed (if the desire or interest is there) is a pretty fair price. There's a ton of stuff to do and a very big (mostly helpful) community of gamers. I enjoy getting my friends and co-workers ready for the raid(s), and then taking them through to finish the raid(s). Destiny is honestly some of the most fun I've had gaming in the past 20 years.

With that being said, I'd say that $58.99 for the game and all DLCs to get someone like you up to speed (if the desire or interest is there) is a pretty fair price. There's a ton of stuff to do and a very big (mostly helpful) community of gamers. I enjoy getting my friends and co-workers ready for the raid(s), and then taking them through to finish the raid(s). Destiny is honestly some of the most fun I've had gaming in the past 20 years.

base game was one of my biggest waste of money for me in the past 20. Think no mans sky might have been a better purchase. Even if the did finally get time to explain why they didn't have time to explain anything close to a story, no interest to give them money ever again. But that is just my opinion, others can like it all they want.

I will admit that the trailers for Destiny recently have been looking more like the type of game I want to play versus the drab lifeless game that originally released. Hopefully they carry that into the next title.

I can't believe the first game wasn't released on PC and I would be all over the 2nd one getting some PC love.

Probably just some Dev Kit action. Bungie hasn't given a shit about PC since Halo 2.... what, 2005? Why start now.

Probably just some Dev Kit action. Bungie hasn't given a shit about PC since Halo 2.... what, 2005? Why start now.

In all fairness you can't compare Bungie of old and the current Bungie. They were a Microsoft owned developer who was told what to do by Microsoft. Now they broke away from Microsoft, with part of the same group of people. Some stuck around to form the 343 Industries that now produces Halo. So you can't compare that and say that since they didn't do Windows games as a Microsoft company that they won't do it now. From what they are saying, this really is a PC version. Assuming what is being reported is true Bungie is completely scrapping anything Destiny 1 related and starting over from scratch and rebooting the entire game, making it much larger and different from the current game. Supposedly Activision is leading this push in this direction in hopes that while WOW players are decreasing they can get more people into Destiny keeping the number of hours people are playing their games even by just trading off the game they were playing.

I had the game on release day. I love paying $60 for 1/4 of the game essentially. Pretty much if you buy it now with the Taken King and all DLC, that would make it a full game.

Back