Desktop Items puzzling question

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
Situation. At work with XP. If you go to display properties, you click on Customize Desktop, then choose the Web tab at the top. If any web pages are checked nothing will appear on the desktop and no matter if you choose a background color or image, nothing will show. You also can not have any of the items you checked under web pages do not show also. I am trying to find a reg entry for this or maybe a local policy. I have scoured the local policies and gpedit.msc for this and cant find anything.
Anyone know what this function would be called in the registry?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327998/

Keep in mind in some situations, domain policy trumps local policy. If you have a domain server at work and the admin forced a wallpaper policy on the domain server, you'll not likely be able to change yours unless your computer is set up as administrator.

You might be able to change yours if he left the wallpaper policy on "not configured" (default) though.

That was quick, thanks for finding that. Is it not possible to have a web part page while having a background at the same time?
Doesnt seem to be working for me.

I haven't tried Active Desktop in a long long time. I couldn't tell you.

But you should be able to edit the HTML file and add a <body background="imagefile.jpg"></body> for a wallpaper.

Back