Desktop Dimming?

Phan10

n00b
Is there a software out there that can dim my desktop after a set time of idle or maybe on command when a cursor is place in a particular area?

You're welcome. BTW There are hot corners programs out there (some are free) which you can point to the screensaver alpha dim (search for and point to the file "AlphaDim.scr" in system folder). Also you can point to a batch file which will activate alpha dim and lock the computer as was neatly discussed in a different thread (search the forum for the thread "switching to windows questions", and read post #73).

And BTW, people wouldn't give you near as much shit about this if you wouldn't have trolled in the freaking Windows forum anyway... There's a special place for Linux fanboys in a subforum.

OP- Can you follow this and does it work? I don't have a Windows 7 desktop around at the moment.
http://malektips.com/windows-7-configure-prevent-screen-dimming.html

Hardly trolling. The one that i did know for windows had already been posted...so i went ahead and said that it can be done in Linux in case he wanted to know /wanted to use linux.

And, this is the "General Software" section... not the Windows section.

;)

Hardly trolling. The one that i did know for windows had already been posted...so i went ahead and said that it can be done in Linux in case he wanted to know /wanted to use linux.
Ummmm... Pretty sure he wasn't asking about Linux:
I'm using Windows 7.

And, this is the "General Software" section... not the Windows section.

;)
Kyle has stated on a few occasions that this is the Windows forum. Hence the subforum for *nix. Apple has their own forum too.

Back