Desktop background not covering whole monitor

O-P-M

Gawd
Just resinstalled windows and did a fresh install of my Ati drivers.

Now my desktop wallpaper will not cover my whole desktop.

Everything is set to 1920 x 1080, which is my res but it still will not cover the whole thing.

There are black bars on every side.

Any ideas?

1440 x 900 is the highest resolution that fit my whole screen.

But obviously it's not the native res of my screen and looks big and nasty.

Any help? This is really irritating.

not sure if the "stretch" option is the reason you're having trouble. Some wallpaper isn't made for certain resolutions. Someone else should chime in here..

Well I have tried that and it's not working. I have a 1920 x 1080 sized wall paper.

Even bf2 with the wide screen mod will not fit the screen. Just stays in the same box as everything else.

This probably isn't it, but are your monitor settings for horizontal space set correctly? Is your taskbar the right length across the screen, but not your wallpaper, or is the entire display "compressed"?

entire display is compressed. Just like everything is in a box inside the monitor.

Can you adjust the horizontal space on your monitor using the controls built into the monitor? It's probably there, and not in your video card settings.

Well there is an option in my display that looks like it would do it but for some reason it's greyed out and I can't get to it.

Never had this problem when I first installed Vista or my ATi drivers.

Looked thru the manual and the manual adjustment is only available thru analog but I'm using HDMI.

EDIT

Just switched to a DVI cable and screen is true to size. This will work since I don't think there is any video quality difference then HDMI.

Back